• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Development] Warcraft Mod for Fate 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Warcraft Mod for Fate 4

This project is a Modification for Fate The Cursed King. I'm posting this here because the playerbase and modders of Fate do not have a "home" (The WildGames Forum closed years ago) and also because it's related to Warcraft.

All information about the project and its progress can be seen here:

Project Name: Warcraft Mod
What Game is it for: Fate The Cursed King
Platform: PC
Mod Type: RPG, Total Conversion
Release Date: TBA

# Current Progress: 10%

Concept Phase: Done ✓
Modding Phase: In Progress
Testing Phase: -
Release Phase: -

Modding Phase: Creating everything. This is the longest phase. Progress slowly increases as long as the tasks below are completed.

[ ]Modeling & Skinning (20%)
[ ]Graphics (5%)
[ ]Realms (40%)
[ ]Dungeons (30%)
[ ]Coding (5%)

----------------------------------

Realms are all towns, kingdoms and areas where you can find NPCs to interact with (vendors, questgivers). In the game, all of them are coded as "realms".

Dungeons are all hunting zones where you kill mobs, bosses and complete quests, not all of them are actual "dungeons" (despite in game they are divided in "levels").

Realms and Dungeons take up most of percentage because they require a lot of modeling, skinning, illumination, texture baking and stuff in 3ds max.

I've been receiving PMs about this project so, once again, I state that this is not a Warcraft 3 map or campaign, it's a mod for the singleplayer RPG Fate the Cursed King. If you would like to contribute, the requisites are:

-Fate The Cursed King retail installation (retail or Steam)
-Basic knowledges about modding

If you are interested, contact me via PM.

Since this is not for Warcraft 3, I cannot use any resource from any Blizzard game. Everything is made from scratch or is a re-skin of an existing Fate model.

More info soon!

Last edited:
Level 5
In Fate, since only one place can be the starting location for all characters, I'm going to use the Hearthstone's Tavern as starting location, no matter you are a Human, Orc or whatever. Your character will eventually unlock a portal to the racial capital though, or use a Hearthstone: (race capital city) included in his/her inventory.

So, how should the tavern be named in-game?

-Hearthstone's Inn
-Harth's Inn
-or simply The Inn?

Comment if you have a better suggestion! :)

Last edited:
Level 5
Pretty nice, sadly this forum lacks visibility :(

Not a problem to me, actually :) I'm just feeling safe enough by posting in HW rather an unknown modding forum. This section however seems to be a bit inactive. Perhaps everyone's busy doing or playing something else.

Also this might catch more attention once more progress (and screenshots :grin:) is posted :prazz:

Level 5
A separate game with its own files. I'm feeling kind of alone because that game isn't popular these days, but the reason behind posting here instead another forum is because of the mod theme; it's all about Warcraft. A Warcraft mod with easter eggs from Hearthstone and Warcraft 3.

Last edited:
Level 5
First post updated! I'm done with all my side projects, this means I have all the time to concentrate on this Mod.

I need advice about one thing: classes. In the game, you cannot choose a class at the same time you choose a race. This is a bit complicated because choosing a class through a quest or using an item isn't very lorewise, and also opens the possibility to cheat.

On the other hand, choosing the class AND race while creating your character whould be a nightmare. In Fate there's no icon class and stuff, so in order to find a specific class and race combination you'll have to delve among all 75 race/class combinations, click by click. Just can't imagine doing that.

With that in mind, I have the idea of making for every faction a single class/race combo. That is a total of 20 characters:

Alliance Paladin
Alliance Warrior, etc.

Horde Paladin,
Horde Warrior, etc.

However, this is another issue. Only one race per class. It's a bit restrictive. I have to choose only one "representant" of each class. This is a very first attempt so it may be changed later:

Human Mage
Dwarf Hunter
Night Elf Druid
Gnome Priest
Draenei Paladin
Human Death Knight
Dwarf Warrior
Night Elf Rogue
Gnome Warlock
Draenei Shaman
Orc Warrior
Troll Hunter
Undead Rogue
Blood Elf Paladin
Tauren Druid
Orc Shaman
Troll Mage
Undead Priest
Blood Elf Warlock
Tauren Death Knight

All races are listed twice (2 per faction) as well as classes (1 per faction).

What do you think? is it better to choose a "representant" of each class, or to have all 75 possible combinations and pick one carefully when creating your character?

Last edited:
Level 5
After a simple reskin with a pattern this banner is now an Alliance banner :D

001.png 002.png

Level 5
My own frostmourne model I made some time ago. I think I need a better texture this time. Is it ok to use a frostmourne art or texture from internet? :O

Sin título.png

Level 5
A lot of creatures in Fate are very, very similar to the warcraft ones.

gryphon.png

Taking advantage of that, many of them are going to be re-skinned to look like warcraft creatures. That means a lot of less work in 3d max actually :p

Here an example, the Jackal King reskinned to look like an Anubisath (or so, it's my first try :( )

anubi_reskin.png

Level 5
Just found this in my old files for fate mods (one of my many unreleased ones :D). It was supposed to be an accessory for a Gear Golem Minion, based off Tinker from Dota 2.

tinkercannons.png

If I swap both cannons for pincers (or just one idk) and add a little goblin under it, it would look like a Goblin Tinker NPC (Gazlowe!).

Level 5
From a regular skeletal dragon to a Frost Wyrm! another file I found useful for this mod.

skeldragon.png

frostwyrm.png

Hmm, the wing should have a light blue color. They usually look dark or messed up when vertices collide too much or rotate out of their angles. I'll see if it's possible to fix that.

Also the scapular bones look too "human". I'll have to adjust that by watching how reptile bones look lol.

Level 5
This might take a while due to having some struggle in real life. I was bitten by a loxosceles laeta (poisonous spider) and need to recover :/

I'm okay though. Fortunately, the antidote was supplied on time.

Level 5
Get better soon !!!
and lemme know if there is something i can help with !

Thanks. I'm discharged already and recovering at home, ready to play games and make mods lol. Do you know something about Fate Modding? send me a PM and tell what you can help with ;)

After re-reading the post #7, I got to correct that information. Now there will be 10 races as usual (Human, Night Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Blood Elf) and your characters will choose their class once they are created and playing (just like class change quests in Lineage 2, but muuch simpler) I've found a neat way to do that :)

Been a little bit busy lately though... creating completed mods is a hard work and I still have many ideas I haven't done yet. I've been working in a "Pirates Mod" for Fate The Cursed King:

piratetown.png

Hmm... perhaps some of the content might be re-utilized for the Warcraft Mod :piru:

Level 1
Hello friends, I've been looking for mods for fate the curser king for a while and I found this web, it looks great the mod they are doing.

I would like to know if they have other mods and can pass them to me, I would appreciate a lot.

Level 5
Hello friends, I've been looking for mods for fate the curser king for a while and I found this web, it looks great the mod they are doing.

I would like to know if they have other mods and can pass them to me, I would appreciate a lot.

Hi Kevin! nice to see more people interested in mods for Fate! We are endangered! lol

Unfortunately, this site is mostly about Warcraft 3 but I took advantage of this open sub-forum to post my project because of the theme (a warcraft mod).

I'm also on a small forum for Fate (which is pretty dead, sadly), not sure if I can post the link here so I'll send it to you via pm :) There you can find many mods for all Fate games.

Level 5
Off topic: my Pirate themed mod has been released! :pir: Now I'm finally free to continue the Warcraft Mod project. Unless another mod idea comes up to delay it again! lol

27yswm9.jpg

Last edited:
Level 5
Update: still working on re-skins. I'm trying to edit and recolor as much as I can to give Fate creatures a Warcraft looking. This will save me a lot of work later; the fewer creatures I have to create in 3ds max the better. Perhaps I'll just stick to create epic bosses like ragnaros or TLK in 3ds max which have no Fate base monster to reskin due to their unique shape.

I re-skinned an Orc Centaur from Fate to look like a Centaur Khan, and a Demon to look like a Doomguard (or so).

centaur_reskin.png
demon_reskin.png

Level 5
Finished Marrowgar, a Lich and Kel'Thuzad. They are all reskins of the Ghost Valkyrie, a creature from Fate.

They don't look particularly badass so, idk, I think they will be temporary models; may eventually replace some reskins for fully new models. Especially Kel'Thuzad since he's an epic boss and should have his own model.

liches.png

Level 5
Working on this again! I just can't let this get lost in the dust...

Currently working on the tavern, where you'll meet Harth Stonebrew, Elise Starseeker and other NPCs to get quests. This place will be available to both Horde and Alliance characters.

inn_wip.png

Level 5
Lovely ! ♥

Thanks! :D here's a more stylized version (rendered). That's how it should look in-game. Still missing some fire particles and NPCs though...

inn_final.png

The next location to be created is Orgrimmar :smile: I'll be posting screenshots...

Last edited:
Level 5
Working on Orgrimmar :cool:2 the buildings are done, but I'm struggling a bit on the landscape (too many nooks and hills :grin:) but nothing that patience can't beat.

orgri_buildings.png

or_terrain.png

Level 5
FATE hasn't any similar creature so I'm making my own Infernal. All those helper points are displayed as fire particles and glows in-game.

infernal_wip.png

Level 5
Ok I knew this would happen (again! :xxd:) but this project's going on a hiatus. Mainly because I've started a sci-fi / cyberpunk city mod to work on! (I'm in love with futuristic stuff lately).

Here a small sample of what's going to be included there...
ultralisk.png

An Ultralisk! along with many, many easter eggs from star wars, halo, aliens, etc.

Last edited:
Level 5
Working on this again! I'm trying to simplify everything in order to lessen the time this project is taking! the end result might be simpler than I expected but well, that's better than never releasing this. I may improve the mod over time if I see enough interest!

Below a sort of Dalaran "temple" (in a similar fashion of the Temple of Fate in Fate). This will be the place where your character starts and have access to all towns/dungeons in the mod.

dalaran_tof.png

Level 5
The Dark Portal WIP

darkportal.png

Funny is that this is only going to be used in the splash screen but not in the actual gameplay :xxd: as Blasted Lands isn't planned to be included as zone. The portal to Outland will be within Dalaran.

Last edited:
Level 5
is that a little draenei pally?

YES! :xxd: I'm trying to use the same character design that Fate has (less work for me as I don't have to make all animations and models from scratch which is a real pain!). I will be limited to implement the most "humanoid" races though... or do you imagine a tauren in chibi style? :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 5
Ok I've finished Orgrimmar and Dalaran (a small Dalaran-based temple actually), soon I'll start making Stormwind.

Showing random progress: a training dummy.

dummy.png

Level 5
Is that a Travelling merchant replacement?

YES! :xxd: it's gonna be this way:

# Alliance
Town Merchant: Reno Jackson
Dungeon Merchant: Sir Finley Mrrgglton

# Horde
Town Merchant: Sir Finley Mrrgglton
Dungeon Merchant: Reno Jackson

Elise Starseeker will be the permanent Traveler NPC in Dalaran for both factions.

Check the post above!

Oh you, thank you for your constant rep points! :ogre_love:

Status
Not open for further replies.