• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft: Ayeleria Tora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Summary: Ayeleria Tora, lost civilization unknown to the humans of Azeroth. Located on a realm close to the geography of the outlands but is able to sustain crop life, the type of crops seen from Azeroth. The demons of the outland has opened up the gates to Ayeleria Tora and it's surrounding area... Can you stop them?? The Holy Empire and it's magistrates have their own plan up their sleeves... Will this tear apart the equilibrium's of Ayeleria Tora? Will the war destroy the nation first?
Type: An ORPG
Team: Me

UPDATE (MAJOR):
- Changing it to single player due to bnet's un-ability to handle such an engine.
- flying mounts (up down sideways)
- Floating city (maybe)
- huge 480x480x900

Features:
- Save/load
- Skills like skinning, crafting, blacksmithing, enchanting, leather working, and mining (so far). I plan to complete all the types of skills found in WoW
- Over 900 items hopefully before it's done
- dynamic quest system
- WoW scale terrain
- Dynamic monster spawns
- Dynamic use of skill creation of items
- Up to level 70
- Alliance heros
- Intense boss AI battles
- Dynamic All out War System
- dynamic allies

-Skills include:
1)Blacksmithing
2)Gem Crafting
3)Cooking
4)Crafting
5)Shadow-weaving
6)Tailoring
7)Mining
8)Alchemy
9)Engineering
10)Leatherworking
11)Enchanting

-around 400 items so far
-Finished Terraining

wc3ATterrian09.jpg

wc3ATterrian08.jpg

wc3ATterrian07.jpg

wc3ATterrian06.jpg

wc3ATterrian05.jpg

wc3ATterrian04.jpg

wc3ATterrian02.jpg

wc3ATterrian03.jpg

wc3ATterrian01.jpg

wc3ATterrian00.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
Sounds interesting, but you need to add A LOT more details about it, how its gonna play out, stuff like that. Also, you said that the terrain is done, but from the pics, that doesn't look done to me. I lacks a ton of doodads. Put more flowers, grass, rocks, terrain formations and that sort of thing, not just trees. If you polish up some of the flaws, I'm sure that map will turn out awesome.

Level 10
Tons of dodads? I'm using 10,000 dodads already. And think about it if you really do over do it, like world of warcraft does not splat in dodads every other two inches, that's just plain ugly. Thats the mistake other map makes do. They think randomly placing bushes every other two feet is attractive, well it's not. It takes a certain artistic non-empirical thought process to make good terrain that's sufficient. I'll try to add more detail. Okay let me explain further on the game play. You'll have a spell book dummy spell list which gives you all the skills you can do; 11 in all so far. So instead of a laggy dialog system I have a system that's smooth and lag free. Also the dynamic war system works like this: There are two warring factions. Now throughout the whole game, there's a linear plot you can play out. If you do then you can help decide the fates of the battles. If the Imperial Magistrium Forces loses, then the Federation will take ground and if you don't defend they'll have most of all the map and will kill off all the vendors. Plus it's extremely hard when they all have rifles, mortars, armored steam tanks, artillery and automatic weapons. Yes it's still based with a steam-punkish atmosphere but I wanted a twist. I will try to make the enemy AI normal opponents/elite opponents move and use different tactics when they're presented with certain scenarios. Most items will be probably be create-able and some items will be only gained through creating. I am also hoping I can add in a honour system.

Level 10
No not 448x448 standard epic. To answer your second question: The war exist between two major empires. The first one is the Holy Imperial Magistrium. The head of the empire is the humans, the part of the empire is the elves, dwarves, orcs, night elves, high elves and goblins. The other warring faction is the Federation. Composed of all men and a Republic, unlike the empire which has a Magistrius Prime Minister which is more of the powers of a king. The war started over political territory of a colony that was nuetral full of half-demons. And maybe, I'm not sure yet about playing both factions.

Level 3
Because it is Über thats why, and can it be hosted at B.Net ?`Because it sounds cool, what about more screenshots ?

Level 4
I love the screnshot with the Sacrifical pits, the acolyte, and the warlock. The flames coming up from the pit are just amazing.

I don't like the overhead view though, you should have a close one, that way the buildings seem realistic.

Level 12
Yeah. I'll give an example:

• Mass Order
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mass Order
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TP = ((Target point of ability being cast) offset by (0.00, 0.00))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To TP
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TP)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
TP being my variable. But the R and L in RemoveLocation MUST be capitalized.

Level 12
not region, variable. Got to trigger panel, and search set. There should be a set variable. Youcan create variables there. Make one titled TP that is a point. Then you set TP to the center of a region, or position of unit with offset. The
  • Trigger
  • custom Script:
is another thing to find in trigger editor. You just put it:

• Trigger
  • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TP)
The udg_ is saying it's a variable.

Level 27
It doesn't quite exactly destroy a whole map. It's just reconstruction. Do you think I should redo the terrain?

Well.. remaking everything should bring problems .. like when you want things different you have to remove regions etc.

I dont think you should redo the terrain NOW.. you could offcourse make it better i dont bother about that (Who would?XD) but then maybe in later versions?..

Level 4
Yeah, i sure am gonna change my terrain around from the first version, worry about it when the terrain really bothers you, or you have nothing to improve on it. (Which shouldn't be possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.