• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 4 Dark Age

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Do you whant to play Warcraft 4.Or atleast play fith Naga,Dranei...
Well so do I.
This is Alterd melee map with new races for your pleasure.
Races are:
Human-High Elf
Orc-Fel Orc
Night Elf-Dark Elf
Undead-Still dead (units changed)
This map features new units,Heroes,upgrades and items for each race.
There is also new custom hero Tavern.
And credit Void Walker model goes to alfredx_sotn

I will consider any idea and critic given to this map.

Keywords:
Warcraft 4. New .races. fel orc. dark. high elf .dark age
Contents

Warcraft 4 Dark Age (Map)

Reviews
15:18, 2nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Very bad terrain and drops, the races are changed, but they resemble their originals too much, thus they are way to unoriginal, Rejected.

M

15:18, 2nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Very bad terrain and drops, the races are changed, but they resemble their originals too much, thus they are way to unoriginal, Rejected.

Level 21
Warcraft 4

VelikoM по башке! Ne zamenyaj rasy , a dobavlyaj ih .
Gramatik , blya , "fith"
I think you mean
Veljko brother! Don't change races , give more races and grammar blah "fith"
I had to replace races so computer could play.I don't know how to work with AI.And sorry for bad grammar.And you are only allowed to use english.

Level 3
I can't recommend this!

It's no diffrent things in the Races Cmon you could put some time in it before laying it on hive workshop. The races havent got any weakness or streangth It's just bad no you haven't use your custom editor much or triggers put some effort in it.

Level 21
Well I did expect that.Next versions will be better.I just wanted to know does anybody care.And it is not that easy to create this kind of map.You need to balance every single thing.But i will add more custom spells but I can't do anything with Heroes.

And I will do something about that center.

Thanks for critic.

Level 5
1. That's not true, I love the melee maps in W3, i would be bored if there wasn't any normal Melee maps, and the extended ones are great (when well balanced etc).
2. If you put lots of triggers into a map to make it exciting, you can sometimes ruin the simplicity of a normal melee map (or ones with extra races).
3. Models don't make a game, I'm quite sure game play does. sure add them later for eye candy and variety but not every game needs them.
4. Don't just copy other peoples maps, hoping that you can get their fame, make your own name with your own game.

However, the terrain is too symmetrical, in the future you should upgrade the terrain and make each area more unique.

Map

Hehehehe,look at him!:fp:

Somebody likes melee,somebody likes real scenarios!You get bored when you haven't melee maps,other people get bored when they haven't good exciting scenarios.

You think in your way,I think in my way,other people think in their way.

You cannot judge anyone.

People have different ways when thinking.Somebody may like this map,somebody won't,somebody won't even try it.I can't judge anyone.

You must learn that.

Level 5
Im sorry but in my last post I went both ways, while in yours, you went your way. I didn't judge you, nor did i say my or your thinking was right, but while making a map you must think like other people, so i agree with you there. Lets not debate on his map, because this will get offtopic, and I'm sure that VeljkoM wouldn't like to come back to his map seeing new posts and thinking that they are helpful comments.

Level 7
I'm sorry dude don't take this criticism the wrong way. I hate maps like these it feels as though little effort were put into it and below are my reasons.

a) The terrain is completely flat and has no really identity. Another thing is make it so an army can flow from one end to another without having to feel like you going through narrow entrances.
b) The creeps are so strong that no hero can't take on any them single handedly.
c) All this map feels like to me is model swapping (nice to have AI's play the races but still it doesn't feel much different than the normal warcraft 3)
d) DX Generation is right about new triggers people like new and innovative map that gives some spice to you maps.
e) You don't have to balance everything just try and get a good aspect of balance.

Level 21
Thank you.Maybe i should use some blizzards terrain.This map is old so I forgot to put new abilities to units.Yours map is better.
And why did you go single handedly on Creeps.You have bonus resources to build units.
And there are triggers for more resource, two free heroes(if I didn't disable that)
,secret cheat Zerg Power,Credits.

Level 7
Well you could us blizzard terrain but it's better to make your own because taking a warcraft map is taking the easy way out.

Well usually heroes are free so players would want to start leveling up asap but the armies in this map are so tough that I have to have an huge army in order to start leveling my hero.

Look at Chaos Wars this map pretty much on the same line as you except hes map felt really different from the original races.

My map have a few years behind it that's why I'm giving you advice from experience, with my criticism I actually give points on how improve a map this map is a good start.

Level 3
VeljKoM i really think youre maps are nothing special and it's bad(or i think it's bad) but if you can take help from better mapers like Fokyip you will soon be a master.

Clan wars is (nearly) just models and this map is just like a normal melee if you like normal melee map you can always begin doing those.

Level 21
Thanks for your support.I will fix maps when I have time.
I am right now fixing some major mistakes in Clan Wars(Tauren Scout Tower wtf?)
When I fix Clan Wars I will come back to this map.
Before that you are welcome to give advise but you should probably ignore this maps.