• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Tower Defense roots, which mod was first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys,

Pretty sure there's lots of oldschool Tower Defense fans here.

I want to delve into history and find out which "MAZE" Tower Defense mod was truly the first one and can be called "original".

Besides, I'm really curious about who stands behind the idea and development. (author)

Any clues?

Appreciate

Last edited:
Level 1
Wintermaul, Mort's TD and circle td, they were pretty early when it comes to Warcraft 3..

Ofc it all started with Starcraft / Warcraft 2, so Warcraft 3 wasn't the first one making tower defense maps.

I found this while googling some:
Файлы / Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos "Tower Defense Mappack [975 Maps]" / PlayGround.ru

Yeah, probably it would be correct to find out the first mod ever including SC and earlier Warcraft's.
There's too much mods and it's really hard to determine the first one.

Level 1
I'm interested in MAZING/MAZE Tower Defense specifically, cant find any info on the first Maze mod/map

Status
Not open for further replies.