• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged won't load DotA maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi everyone. this is my first post here.
I recently downloaded Warcraft 3 reforged and I just wanna play offline with my friends. but when I go to host DotA or DotA LoD map, it comes to lobby and shows a blank error. it happens when I want to play it single player. but the map is fine and playable in Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne 1.26.
how can I play DotA in Warcraft 3 reforged? any help would be appreciated.
btw most of the other maps are fine and playable.
1663661907788.png

Last edited:
Level 29
There are two possible reasons if you encounter this blank error message (when you attempt to start the map):
1.You are using incorrect versions of Warcraft III. I can confirm that all DOTA maps are playable on Reforged, but Reforged's 1.33 seems to be unplayable cause many custom maps and campaigns will crash the game AND editor.
2.The map you are trying to download is corrupted. Re-download is the only possible thing to solve this issue.

Also, since you want DOTA maps (preferably LOD maps) to be playable on Reforged, you might check out this thread to find out about the reason:

Level 2
There are two possible reasons if you encounter this blank error message (when you attempt to start the map):
1.You are using incorrect versions of Warcraft III. I can confirm that all DOTA maps are playable on Reforged, but Reforged's 1.33 seems to be unplayable cause many custom maps and campaigns will crash the game AND editor.
2.The map you are trying to download is corrupted. Re-download is the only possible thing to solve this issue.

Also, since you want DOTA maps (preferably LOD maps) to be playable on Reforged, you might check out this thread to find out about the reason:
Thanks. second reason isn't correct because I downloaded it several times and played it in wc3 frozen throne 1.26.
but for the first reason what can I do?

Some versions of DotA use wierd stuff, hence they only work on specific versions of warcraft 3. You might search for another version of the dota (lod) map.
The last version of Dota lod which does not require an old version of Warcraft 3 is: a Dota lod 6.85 Version. After that version www.dota682.com says
They can only be played with Warcraft 3 patch (1.26). Patch 1.24 or below or 1.27, 1.28 or above are not compatible with LoD.

But I was told (in the year 2021) there was a moder working on a version to support new version of warcraft 3, no idea how far he got.

Level 2
Some versions of DotA use wierd stuff, hence they only work on specific versions of warcraft 3. You might search for another version of the dota (lod) map.
The last version of Dota lod which does not require an old version of Warcraft 3 is: a Dota lod 6.85 Version. After that version www.dota682.com says

But I was told (in the year 2021) there was a moder working on a version to support new version of warcraft 3, no idea how far he got.
That's a shame. the heroes, items and abilities are changed and fixed during new version updates. I hope the moder you mentioned do something or discuss this with the creators of the map. we really like playing LoD 🥲
thanks for the information by the way.

Level 23
That's a shame. the heroes, items and abilities are changed and fixed during new version updates. I hope the moder you mentioned do something or discuss this with the creators of the map. we really like playing LoD 🥲
thanks for the information by the way.
I think the Lod they play on Bnet is this:

It should have most of the changes you mentioned. Their discord link is also on that page, they might also be able to help you.

Level 2
I think the Lod they play on Bnet is this:

It should have most of the changes you mentioned. Their discord link is also on that page, they might also be able to help you.
thanks for your reply. but there's a huge difference between 6.85iR2 and 6.89t4 🥲

Level 2
As far I know the people that continued dota on reforged battle.net did not increase the version number only added/changed the suffix (In map Title). Which felt wierd, suddenly there were items from another version in dota V6.85.
I downloaded and played the map v6.85iR2 then I posted the reply. and there is sooooooo many difference between them. and what was the IceFrog thinking of 10v10!? WTF!?
if you play 6.89t4 you'd notice the changes. almost all hero abilities and items.
I hope DracoLich makes the next version Reforged compatible.
ty btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.