• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3: PAKSYIT Allstars v1.8b Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
PAKSYIT ALLSTARS v1.8b BETA

BACKGROUND STORY: :grin:

PAKSYIT Allstars (PA) is an AOS-type map. The idea of creating this map was inspired by Defense of the Ancients (DotA). Since it was our first time trying to create a WC3 map, we downloaded a DotA Allstars Template from the internet (www.epicwar.com). With a little self-study, testing and debugging, we were able to create this map.

PROGRESS:

The many past versions of PAKSYIT Allstars have been exclusive to me and my friends. But we gave the thought of sharing the map with THW for the first time, since it has helped us A LOT.

THE MAP:

PAKSYIT Allstars is patterned to DotA. (since we used a DotA Template)

Objectives are the same with DotA, to destroy either The Frozen Throne or The Tree.
Items are the same with DotA, although we added some items that required recipes.
Heroes from DotA are not existent here in the map, all heroes are custom.
Terrain is just slightly different than DotA. If any of you are willing enough, you could jazz up the terrain a bit. That would be great. :D

*PAKSYIT Allstars v1.8b Beta has been attached here.
*We'd like to give thanks and credits to the Hive for all the spells, models, icons and skins that were used here. (of course also to those who uploaded them)
*Please comment on the map, I know it still has a lot of flaws, and I'd appreciate it if you could point them out to us.
*Give suggestions if you have any.
*I, personally, from a scale of 1-10, would give our map a 7. :D

THANKS DUDES. :grin::ned::spell_breaker::pal:

Attachments

• PAKSYIT Allstars v1.8b.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
Level 16
First of all, bump is only allowed if there's at least 48 Hours have passed.
I'll check the map now. Oh, and change the name. The name makes this map looks like a DotA rip-off (And many members of Hive actually don't really like DotA).

EDIT: WTF? Doesn't work for 1.24c! Which version did you use to create the map?

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm sorry 'bout the bump thing.
I used 1.20e to create the map. If ever I can convert it to 1.24c, how do I?

Level 5
alright, but will the map be compatible/playable in 1.24b? i mean if i use 1.24c version of the world editor.

Level 5
Hmmm, i switched from 1.20e to 1.24c, but when i saved my map using the world editor when i switched to 1.24c, i couldn't create the map. didn't work with 1.24b either.

maybe the version of the world editor isn't changing. is that possible?

Level 15
Don't touch JASS if you don't know what you are doing -_-
Local Handle Vars no longer work since the new version fixed its bug. Look for the spells you used and redownload them or remake them if you made it yourself.

I can't help you with this because I can't be bothered. It takes too long to fix up a map with who knows how many spells.

Until you can fix it, I'll test it in 1.23.

EDIT: To say the least, its pretty basic. There doesn't seem to be any spells that are very interesting.
Also, its a huge rip of DotA. Too many skills with the same concepts.

EDIT2: The dummy used for the Sentry's Blink skill gives vision over a huge area. Please set the vision range to 0 or something.

Level 5
@Zack1996
I'll fix the Sentry's blink for the next version, thanks for pointing that out.

I already deleted all the spells that I don't need from the Trigger Editor that are JASS. (I practically removed all JASS triggers) But still the errors appear when I try to save, and I don't know where to find these triggers that need fixing. As a resuilt, I still couldn't create my map, even using 1.24c version of WC. HELP ANYBODY.. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.