• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 Custom Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Day i was Texturing a model i made on gmax, then I was browsing the textures war.MPQ, and Warx.MPQ had, i didn't find what i was looking for, so i got this idea of making a new MPQ file that contains the hives best models, textures, icons, and some Maps, which will be completely free, and any user can downloaded to use it

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

SC2 Just doesn't deliver the Fantasy world feeling which most maps try to achieve. Also, in order for a map to really immerse the player, you'd need a custom UI, custom music and custom soundsets and I'm not entirely sure that all of those exist yet.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

SC2 Map making will probably flourish after HotS is released and people are able to easily transfer Wc3 models to SC2

Level 19
SC2 Map making will probably flourish after HotS is released and people are able to easily transfer Wc3 models to SC2

saywhatnow? that will never happen as StarTools is simply a 3ds max plugin and does not support wc3 models

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

because 3ds max doesn't already support warcraft 3 models ?

Level 3
Would be far better if people moved to SC2 where mods (which are equivelent to an MPQ filled with data) are distributed by the online system on demand.

If you mean this one

It's really good, wow! I haven't seen it before, I've seen some Diablo 2 rogue camp video in starcraft 2 but it was not an actual map. This one is using the WoW inventory system that is built in SC2. It still lacks proper terrains, the Shakuras plates just doesn't cut it, needs medieval plates for a cathedral/dungeon, also needed to make a blur of other texture to make it look dirty and dusty. I did this with mixing grass plus semi-transparent dirt.

It is true that it is harder to make fantasy in sc2 from the point of having to prepare UI, models, and a whole bunch of stuff that takes time and space, in the same way it is pointless to make modern/futuristic maps in war3. But cartoony graphics of war3.. come on.

You can import a warcraft 3 model to 3dmax and export it as a SC 2 Model using a script

Not really... I actually finally reach the point that I had to do since 2010-2011, to convert some futuristic Buildings models in MDX made for me to SC2.

What has to be done - okay if you will transfer animations, it may require fixing either the name or other. For the model and texture itself, quite easy.

Import model if you have MDX plugin, create the specular and normal textures in no time. There are tutorials for normal and specular textures, then use Blizz plugin or current M3 import, export, then simply import the files in Assets\Textures

Now.. where are the eager guys to do something like war3 model editor, had to wait for the tools to even start thinking of such tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.