• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 camera zoom LAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Has anyone here experienced this issue before? I own both a gaming laptop and a rig but I haven't played W3 on my rig yet, only laptop. Not sure if this issue can be fixed if I use my rig since my laptop has more than enough juice to run W3 at max settings

Laptop Specs: Win7 Home Premium 64-bit
GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB
i7-2630QM @ 2 GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM

This issue doesn't seem to be hardware related much since I also have installed the Warcraft 3 demo and surprisingly the demo runs flawless (no camera zoom/scroll choppiness).

Since the codebase is the same for both full game and demo why is this issue happening in the full version? Unless maybe certain things in the codebase of the full version which are enabled that are disabled in the demo might cause this camera lag issue explaining why the demo runs flawlessly?

It might not be related to the framerate but rather to refresh rate / v-sync issues cuz the framerate is fine (unit movement and their spell effects all happen @ 60+ fps). Only the camera movement is choppy for some odd reason.. I even installed the latest patch hoping it would fix the issue and both RoC and TFT suffer from this.

I tried the Nvidia Control Panel enabling VSync with Triple Buffering but no luck.. All my other games actually benefit greatly from V-Sync on.

In the registry editor, I noticed the max frames is set to 200 and refresh rate is 60. Any tips here how I can tweak these values? (laptop refresh rate can only do 60 Hz max)

hell i even ran the game as an admin and even tried it in XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode with no luck :(.

Both the full game and demos are installed in their default path (Program Files x86).

I pretty much exhausted all the options I could think of including installing the latest video driver. Any help with this would be hugely appreciated :) Huge thanks!

:goblin_good_job:

Last edited:
Level 2
anyone figured any solution for this? To me it looks more like it has to do with refresh rate and V-Sync since the framerate in game is butter smooth (spell effects, weather, etc)

I tried enabling V-Sync and Triple Buffering in the Nvidia CP but no luck :(

In regedit (video) lockfb is set to 0 as it should be, max fps is 200, and refresh rate is 60. Not sure what values I need to tweak here to solve this issue if it can be solved at all. Thanks in advance guys.. any help will be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.