• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 2 Soundtracks Remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I want to share a remastered soundtrack from Warcraft 2.

Since MIDI was not available, it was arranged by ears (actually, by my father :p)
Excellent arrangement! It deviates quite a bit from its source material, but, given the fact that no other covers have been ever produced of this specific track makes it the best one. ;)

Could you please ask your father to create some more arrangements of WarCraft 2 tunes? I'm especially interested in this theme from the BtDP expansion:

I wonder if Glenn Stafford actually made midi versions of CD-exclusive tracks. Maybe he simply forgot to include them with the game?

Excellent arrangement! It deviates quite a bit from its source material, but, given the fact that no other covers have been ever produced of this specific track makes it the best one. ;)

Could you please ask your father to create some more arrangements of WarCraft 2 tunes? I'm especially interested in this theme from the BtDP expansion:

I wonder if Glenn Stafford actually made midi versions of CD-exclusive tracks. Maybe he simply forgot to include them with the game?

Well I think differences lie in the real instruments extension. I mean, in MIDI every note is available to all instrument, while with real sound it is not.
More tracks (of the never remastered ones) are currently on the radar, yes.

Agostino Pasqualini..... italiano?

Si ;)

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I'm especially interested in this theme from the BtDP expansion:

Not an answer to your question, but more like a reminder about this release by Glenn Stafford himself.

What I want to point out is that WoWpedia is imho wrong when they state that the readme.txt that comes with the files is dated 2000-11-11 21:52. This is probably because his zip archive has been repackaged several times. What I believe to be his original unmodified release can be downloaded from The Midi Warehouse on Tripod, and the readme.txt is dated 1997-02-21 11:13.

These midi files are best listened to with software like VirtualMIDIsynth and a good SoundFont. Glen Stafford says his MIDI files are best listened to on Roland or Yamaha General MIDI compatible sound cards.

Another way to get MIDI files (converted from the original XMI ones), is to use Wargus to convert the assets of the BDP expansion disc. Wargus comes with its own SoundFont (TimGM6mb.sf2) to play them with, but some of its instruments sound imho a bit weird...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.