• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

war3 crush in 1.2A

Status
Not open for further replies.

q1k

q1k

Level 1
%25D0%2591%25D0%25B5%25D0%25B7%25D1%258B%25D0%25BC%25D1%258F%25D0%25BD%25D0%25BD%25D1%258B%25D0%25B9.jpg

Level 18
yeah i got that too, first :someone got a crash in the giant (then i did too)

this may be because earthquake causes leaks (maybe?)

then after we fought giant we were going down to goblins and i got a new crash (after giant, that means that if earthquake caused a leak it was still there?)

q1k

q1k

Level 1
get it there when pull 4 mobs together. but i repeat this and all was fine now. so hard to say why it hapen=\
war3+2013-07-01+22-40-37-56.jpg

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Yes, I have also encountered this crash myself: Twice so far, though nothing extreme.

It seems to happen at random occasions, but it may be linked to certain boss fights. I am not entirely sure, because in games I have been in, players have been crashing at random places, when nothing particular was happening, or so it would seem.

If it happens again, ask the crashing players what exactly they did.
It's weird that only certain players crash, so it must be related to the player itself.

When there's an error with the maps script code, all players would crash.

It could be a damaged art asset like a model, icon, etc.

I can't fix it without proper information how to reproduce the crash.

Also, please post the crashlog at C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Errors

Last edited:
Level 3
Actually, looks like it has nothing to do with actions, which are made by the player. I got a crash while went to the kitchen to make some tea yesterday. My char was just standing quietly, in a safe spot, where mobs do not respawn. As soon as I got back to computer, I saw the error.

Level 8
For me, the crashes became more frequent... almost every game. Though games that use lots of resouces always crash on my computer (like SC2, i think its because of my motherboard), War3 usually worked good. This happens in 1.2a (6). Sometimes even 2 different error messages appear.
Edit: I'm running Windows 8, using legal copy of wc3. Here is 2 error logs.

Attachments

• 2013-07-05 15.58.13 Crash.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 2013-07-05 16.16.28 Crash.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 90
For me, the crashes became more frequent... almost every game. Though games that use lots of resouces always crash on my computer (like SC2, i think its because of my motherboard), War3 usually worked good. This happens in 1.2a (6). Sometimes even 2 different error messages appear.
Edit: I'm running Windows 8, using legal copy of wc3. Here is 2 error logs.
Thanks for the error logs, unfortunately, they didn't yield any useful information for me.
I've been playing Gaias a lot lately and did never have any crash even in 3 to 4 hour games.

The error messages are different to those reported from other users (access violation means the game is trying to access memory outside of it's range, other people reported "out of memory" crashes, which are totally different and seem to be fixed since 1.2A (4), at least some people that had crashes reported to me they never had any anymore), so I assume it's something on your end.

Have you tried reinstalling WC3? Did you empty your UI folder in WC3? Did you restart WC3 before playing a new game of gaias? I'm asking this because several badly coded maps throughout Garena and Bnet import manipulated MiscData.txt files to change for example the look of the Wardens poison ability numbers, the tags on the unit lifetime bars and the font in the game. Those changes usually carry over from game to game. It might be possible you have some corrupted/incompatible UI data.

Level 8
Thank you, Zwiebelchen, for trying to help. I don't have an UI folder, or MiscData.txt. By the way i noticed that it's possible even to change default race names too, before the game started, I've seen that in 1 map. And this setting stays on the next map you load. But i must get right to the point.

I've completely forgotten that i installed a new audiodriver! Turned off the audiocard, and game runs last 3 days almost without errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.