• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Isle

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

87748d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-mi.png

Standard meele map nothing special about it is quick 1v1 map but may drag longer if played so
87747d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-f.png

Meele Map Stuff

1. 4 gold mines
  2. 2 Goblin Merchanaries
  3. 1 tavern
87750d1281896230-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-s.png

224831-albums6074-picture69636.png

87746d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-c.png

Me,me and Me
87752d1281896430-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-cl.png

-Fixed terrain Deformation
-terrain messed up
-changed bridges
-remove some stuff
-------------------
-Changed Position on most of creeps
-increased a little neutral gold mine camp sizes
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Meele,Island,1v1,ffa
Contents

War Isle (Map)

Reviews
Jun 6, 2013 Ralle: Map probably stolen, rejected for now. 10:20, 29th May 2013 Orcnet:

M

Jun 6, 2013
Ralle: Map probably stolen, rejected for now.
10:20, 29th May 2013
Orcnet:
Hell_Master;2348148 said:
Hey, have played your map and it is quite good and decent but you have some probems. here is my review:

War Isle Review
[+] Good Points:
-Terrain is good but I think it is still a bit flat in its shape, I suggest rase areas with trees and raised a bit mor the grounds. Noise Tool wont do much and might give unwanted results with too much raise or lower. And I think you again miss the basic doodads such as those rocks... well if not disregard this.
-Map has required resources:
  • Gold Mines
  • Shops
-Player positioning is good.

[-] Bad Points:
-None

[] Suggestions:
-Some minor terran improvements about raising areas with trees and raising a bit more the grounds. Also adding basic doodads.
-Fix the Creep Positioning. Not to near bases and not to near other creeps that makes them go teamwork and kill you....
Overall, decent melee map with good terrain, required resources but has prblems in Creep Positioning. I would rate this 3/5 and Approved still until you do the Creep Positioning. Its quite annoying if you ask me.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Sorry, but I kind of have to disagree with abgm.
Firstly I wonder why did you take the shadowed are away from the borders, it is supposed to show where the pathing ends and stop the camera from showing the edge of the map.
The tile using is pretty random, you should create continuing lines and pay more attention to small details of the tiles and their placement. Also about the terrain, about the ramps you can see there is black holes in the ground (terrain bug, you can evade easily) which is really ugly, you should never leave these in your map. For two reasons: they look ugly and they might cause pathing errors.

As abgm pointed out nice usage of bridges, yes, they are nicely placed however I think you should have gone with the natural bridges not the stone ones. Also the fires around the place looks really ugly and are out of place, remove those. Also you do not use much environmental doodads which is bad for this tileset using map. You should use them more to make it look more natural (tile using is 50% of it). Also I did not understand why abgm said that you use height tool nicely, you have not used it at all which makes the terrain look very flat and the ramps horrible, they are sharp, fix this.

About the gameplay: the map is balanced for both players, however I wonder why creeps has so minor item drops, you should make them better. Also there is hardly any wood on the map or near the starting locations.

Currently I'd say this is very lacking map a lot of small issues that needs improvements.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
-Disagree, it is more fun if we think diferent.

i didnt want to be hard, for two reason, one he alredy done, a very similar map Island Rivals and it has been approved with a 3/5
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/island-rivals-235083/
second the template was made by Kobas, i dont like to jugde a map hard where his name is

- i didnt say he used the rice/low tool nicely i said sutil, wich means if you use the wheel or the c letter in the editor you can know it has been used.

1. No matter if some one has various maps approved, it should not affect the rating or moderating or approval of a map.

2. The Map Description template is made by -Kobas- he has nothing to do with the map. And even if -Kobas- would have done the whole map it should not affect the rating neither, every one should be rated similar levels.

3. But the maps ground is flat, I could not find a single spot that he would have used the raise/lower tool.

Level 30
Hey, have played your map and it is quite good and decent but you have some probems. here is my review:

War Isle Review
[+] Good Points:
-Terrain is good but I think it is still a bit flat in its shape, I suggest rase areas with trees and raised a bit mor the grounds. Noise Tool wont do much and might give unwanted results with too much raise or lower. And I think you again miss the basic doodads such as those rocks... well if not disregard this.
-Map has required resources:
  • Gold Mines
  • Shops
-Player positioning is good.

[-] Bad Points:
-None

[] Suggestions:
-Some minor terran improvements about raising areas with trees and raising a bit more the grounds. Also adding basic doodads.
-Fix the Creep Positioning. Not to near bases and not to near other creeps that makes them go teamwork and kill you....
Overall, decent melee map with good terrain, required resources but has prblems in Creep Positioning. I would rate this 3/5 and Approved still until you do the Creep Positioning. Its quite annoying if you ask me.

Last edited:
Level 30
Good that you fix the positions of the creeps. Still 3/5 but Approved!

I would still say that the terrain still flat, Only few areas were raised. I suggest raise more areas and make raising higher.

Because this is Approved in my taste, +4 REP (just gonna spread)!

Level 2
Meele maps,meele maps everywhere
instead of making meele maps why not update your strategy maps