• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

War Club/Tree throw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm working on a Shredder hero and one skill I've got going is this:

Skill 3 - Deforest
Saws down a tree and can be thrown at enemies. If not thrown within 10 seconds,
will transfer tree to resources.
Cooldown: 65/60/45/40/35
Mana Cost: 100/115/130/145/160
Tree Range: 350/350/450/450/550
AoE: 275
-------
level 1 - 125 tree damage or 1 lumber
level 2 - 195 tree damage or 2 lumber
level 3 - 270 tree damage or 3 lumber
level 4 - 345 tree damage or 4 lumber
level 5 - 420 tree damage or 5 lumber

I looked at the War Club skill mountain giants have as a basis but I'm having trouble figuring it out. I know I still want a tree, but if I wanted to change it where is the data that says it's a tree club model so that I could possibly make this the missle for the other half of skill.

But anyways, to more important things, how would I go about doing this?

Level 3
I'm assuming that I could use the war club ability to work the first part of cutting down a tree and having it appear in hand, but then I'm not sure what else I could use to throw the tree. Is there a way to change skills? Like for example, after a tree is harvested and picked up, change the skill to the throw ability? And after the 10 seconds or whatever or it's been thrown then switch back to the other skill?

And no, it's only one unit, one hero has the skill. It's like a DotA hero.

Edit:
On a side note, is there an event that triggers when a certain unit has acquired a buff or something. Trying to make an oil aoe slow spell that after 8 seconds explodes into flames on all effected targets.

Level 29
You would need to create a dummy spell that will target trees and kill them (with a trigger).
Then, when the dummy ability is casted you will make a tree effect on the units hand and remove the dummy ability and add him the throw ability.
And finaly, when he casts the throw, it activates another trigger that will remove the special effect and will shoot a tree.

The throw can be based on a pre-made spell (like shockwave if you want it to be a wave, or like fire bolt if you want it to be a unit target spell), or a dummy unit that will do whatever you want and damage as much as you want.

For the timer - after the dummy ability is cast, you will activate that player's timer (or just make a timer without arrays if there can be only 1 unit of that type in all the game), and when it is finished, remove the special effect and remove the throw ability and add the dummy ability, and then give the wood of course.
For it to not work anyway even when you shoot, you'll need to pause the timer when the unit casts the throw ability.

If you'll still need help ill just create it.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.