• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Want to catch 'em all? Pokemon-like game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay, I do like pokemon... it's a fun game and all. To me it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I'm creating a Pokemon RPG right now. It won't be to scale, but it is on the biggest map possible. I'll have everything from Pokemon Blue/Red...

how would you battle/get pkm/ect??

Battles... in a random patch of grass there would be a dice rolled every second or so if you're moiving and if that dice hits.. then you'll get teleported to a battle areana by yourself. you can summon pkm via pk balls like an ablity in your inventory

if the pkm is less then 25% hp and some other conditions then you'll capture it..it would replace the empty ball wiht a pk ball that has a pokemon in it. it'd save stats and stuff...

there would for sure be save/load system too.. badges and all.
it would be a twist to a trun-based fighting rpg...
if you're intrested post here.

atm, i could use some some help with everthing... model/triggers/ideas/ect. i'd love to get a model of ash or the female trainer.

i'm not planing on models for all 365 pkm or whatver, lol... 'cause i don't think there wouldn't be enough room.

*beta testers would be good too*

what are you comments/suggestins/would you like to help? if so, email me at: [email protected] or talk to me on aim/msn

Level 7
i have always been a fan of pokemon too and i was (at a time) thinking of making my own pokemon map. It was just like the original Pokemon World BUT it would be balanced, have more and newer pokemon, and custom made abilities for the pokemon.

I even have some pokemon ideas i could put in. ( I had about 10 pokemon made before i quit the project)

Id love to test or help with the map.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Good idea just popped up.

I think it would be awesome (instead of the old classic idea of just giving the pokemon abilities and having very obvious imbalances) to have a game where the player would have to manually type the command to the pokemon, thus eliminating the hack and slash concept. It would also give way to enabling everyone to have their own strategy.

On second thought, this may not be so good as people may not like the idea of typing commands like "jump" or "up" or "flamethrower" consistently. This would really give it the television show feel, where the trainer actually has to give commands (aside from controlling the pokemon itself).

Of course, I don't know if this idea will be applicable for an single player RPG. It seems more reasonable for a multiplayer map.

Level 24
lol that map is going to be massive
if you're doing it on the biggest map (size-wise) it's going to get big fast just off of fancy terrain.

i'd love to beta test with you tho =D

Level 1
:-D

Yeah, I do like the idea of typing "jump" and other attack moves. My idea is once you get into battle, you'd be teleported to a little square( 5x5 ) and you could fight there by yourself. One major problem I thought of is your bank... you'd only be able to save your pokemon and money? i'd love to be able to save items like rare candy and stuff. I'd also have an easy follow option for any pokemon you'd like to have like in pokemon yellow, but it doesn't have to be pika-pika.

i'd like to have items in a vutral inventory, like dark lineage(custom wc3 tft map) it basically had all items you picked up go into your 'inventory' you could press menu and then select your bag/whatever. not really sure how i'd do that, but i've seen a few tutorials on that. it'd be a select screen.. so ya.

when saving you'd have to be inside the local hospital and then you could either save by typing "-save" or pressing "Save" in the menu by pressing 'esc'

this is a code that i think would work for a random battle.............................................

if player walks in a region
he rolls a dice with 10 sides
-if the dice lands on 5-7 then it will pick random pkm of easy stranght..
-if the dice lands on 7-9 then it will pick random pkm of hard stranght..
-if the dice lands on 10 then it will pick random pkm that is rare to the region..

---------------------------------------------------
I'm a little confused on the idea of getting pkm though.

if player uses pkm ball
pokemon must have low-ish health
if pkm has lower then 25%hp and used a normal pk ball then it might catch it(50%)
... and it goes on... if you've played any pokemon you know that the chances of catching a pkm greatly increase if he's damaged and or have an negative effect onit(sleep,posion,ect) is there some way i could make a code for this that's semi simple, 'cause i'm thinking about it now and it would take a boat load of triggers :p
----------------------------------------------------

map complete: HAHAH, like 1%
[most of the first town - oak's office]
what can you do?
-go in and out of your own personal house
-almost able to talk to your mom for a quest
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
that's pretty much it. if you'd like to get any of my beta,beta,beta maps -- haha, please email me at: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.