• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[AI] walk around map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Mabey you could make the hostile creeps another force. Just make them allied with whoever you want without vision.

And for making them walk around.

Make a region which is where you want them to walk around.
Then set the units who will move in a unit group.
Then make a periodic event which you tell them to move to a random point of the region.

Level 1
Alright, so I didn't test this, but I do believe that it will work.
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Neutral Passive treat Neutral Hostile as an Ally
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make Neutral Passive treat (Player((Integer A))) as an Ally
AND
  • Neutral AI
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Passive)) to Attack-Move To (Random point in (Playable map area))
That I know of, you cant make a neutral player give its vision even as an ally. My only idea is to do this:
Find Faerie Fire under abilties and remove the armor reduction and max the duration time. Then:
  • Cast Faerie Fire
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Passive) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Druid of the Talon (Night Elf Form) for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
Thats the best way I can think of going about it. If you think this will work, but you need to keep the original Faerie Fire as it is, PM me and I can give you another way to do it.

Level 1
Why, yes. Yes you can. lol On your second post, I thought you were saying that those spots were already taken, so I was using neutral passive because I thought thats what you were using. Players 11 and 12 would work just fine, if not better. And in that case, you CAN do the shared vision. And there are less triggers this way. Set player 1-5 and 11 in the same force with shared vision. That will give you vision of player 11's units and keep them from attacking players 1-5. Do the same thing with players 6-10 and player 12. Then:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make Neutral Hostile treat Player 11 (Dark Green) as an Ally
      • Player - Make Player 11 (Dark Green) treat Neutral Hostile as an Ally
      • Player - Make Neutral Hostile treat Player 12 (Brown) as an Ally
      • Player - Make Player 12 (Brown) treat Neutral Hostile as an Ally
This will prevent Hostile from attacking Players 11/12 and Players 11/12 from attacking Hostile.

Level 27
Not that it matters, but your trigger leaks..
  • Neutral AI
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Var_ALP = Random point in (Playable map area)
      • Set Var_ALG = Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Passive)
      • Unit - Order (Random unit from (Var_ALG) to Attack-Move To (Var_ALP)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Var_ALP)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Var_ALG)
also, there is an option for Allied with Shared vision when setting alliance properties with a trigger...
--donut3.5--

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.