• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Attack-move bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I did an AoS with 4 players and 2 computer (for the bases and the attack-move creeps), but hen they start walking in the 5 minute they go crazy! The creeps start going on their own and after a few seconds later they circle around a tower and stay there - really freaky, a? :eekani: :bored: They are not neutral, they are computers in the 2 forces ( one in each force) HELP PLS!

Level 4
I know some wierd things happen with the attack-move order, It seems that when you issue and attack order on a point, once the unit gets there it will move back to its origenal location (annoying huh). But like huurka said post the trigger.

Level 7
well the trigger is:
Event: When a unit enters Spawning region
Condition: Triggering unit equal to player12 (one of the computers)
Action: Order the triggering unit to attack-move at the center ( I think it was center) of Attack1(region)

Level 4
Weird, I do not see anything wrong with that trigger. My best guess is that it's something wrong with the terrain and the items in the way of the path, if the pathing isn't big enough or whatnot. If that isn't the case, you are out of luck. As I have previously said in my other post, attack-move is funny like that. In your origenal post, you mentioned that they were acting all freaky, did they ever make it to the target point? It could be that they just chose the shortest path to the location, even if its not the one you want them to take. To solve that you need to make more locations and more triggers to attempt to make the distances shorter and a clearer path ( make a location near every corner in the path to avoid them getting off course ).

Level 7
Thanks for the the idea with the lots of locations, but it doesn't work too :( On the 4-5 minute they start walking on their own and then they get in the base, circle around a tower or a shop. Then every of them that is spawned just goes to their circle party and stays there. And when I start attacking the other base they all come to help me killing the opponent - REALLY FREAKY! I think this needs pro help!

Level 28
Well i think you messed up the region they have to walk to ;)
And by the way, 'Center of Region blah' leaks, use a point variable which defines the center of the region ad after the unit receives the 'attack-move to' command, destroy the variable

edit: 666th post D:

Last edited:
Level 4
One other possibility could be totally third party and another trigger that was ment for something else could be affecting that is not even from the trigger. Post the map like x3m said and i can take a look

Level 3
This may seem dumb, but did you delete the trigger that starts computer AI? Because if the comp still has AI on, then they will stop their units from massing and probably would horde a tower with those guys, thinking it is their base

Status
Not open for further replies.