• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Wait vs Timer: what's better for online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi! I wonder which function is better for loop triggers in map, if you gonna play it online? (By "better" I mean less desync chance and memory leaks).

From what I've learned, "wait" isn't that accurate, especially online. But I'm not sure about how many timers could being running at same time. Map has 10 player slots, thus it could be up to 10 loop triggers with 0,1 sec countdown. How many timers could being safely running at same time?

Thank you in advance!

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
there are (is) not a single reason to use wait when you have timers
Wrong, it has its use in cinematics, using timers there is mostly plain stupid and ridiculous.
It also has many other uses, but you and many others are only reinforcing the idea that it is bad, and can't be used for this and that, while ignoring its actual use.
One needs to check the intention behind his idea, thinking of all possible ways and the undesired results.
One can use a lot of timers anyway, it's not like today's computers are toasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.