• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] .WAI Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am trying to add custom ai into my map. I created my ai, but I am having trouble getting it to actually run in my map. The editor saves/creates .WAI files, but Warcraft III seems to want to run .AI files. I tried (in gui) to force-run the WAI file, and I also tried renaming the file into a .AI file. All of the tutorials I found used .AI files. Any help?

Level 9
Hmm so is the problem that your ai simply won't run when your playing the map? And what do you mean by "but WCIII seems to want to run .AI files." If you're problem is what I think it is you should export your ai, then import it back in, when its saved inside the map it was created in it will only be seen as a .WAI file, when you export and import it back in, you'll have both the .AI and the .WAI files and then it might work fine, but then again I'm not really sure that answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.