• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Questions related to AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey I found the Ai that blizzard created.. but it's format is not *.wai. so I can not open it by AI editor. Is there any converter?

I 've opened it by Jedit and it seemed it's made out of only texts. But there must be something that make computer distinguish between *.ai and *.wai
I don't know how to change the extension.
can you help me? 'Cause I really want to know how blizzard make their Ai so flexible.

And another thing, I'm having a hard time making my Ai. It can beat standard insane computer whether he is normal or insane. But sometimes his control just go mess and loses all the units. I gave him a good build order that decent players on battle.net currently uses. But he is still too newbie at micro. Someone in this forum said it's possible to add the triggers to make better Ai. If I can do so, is that mean I can add triggers to my Ai file? or should I copy triggers everytime when I create map that plays my own AI?

PS: I will post my AIs sometime. :!:

Level 6
You cannot convert .ai files to be opened in the AI editor, because .ai file is a general custom script and the AI editor format is very restricted. You can make more flexible .ai files by learning JASS and use it to script AIs.

If you want a more advanced, configurable AI, have a look at AMAI.

Status
Not open for further replies.