• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Waaah! Triggers to show spell icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Aloha! Im doing a "arena" map, and I where about to make a anti mage that where smiliar to the one in dota, and just made the spell reduction effect i did pick the one item effect and changed alot and added a custom icon, and spell reduction etc etc... BUT when I where testing it.. it did work fine and I get the spell reduction..
here is the problem the spell reduction icon dont want to show up, only when I "tech it" or "learn it" or what you would like to call it.... Do I've to add triggers to make this work out? or is there something that I may have miss? Please respond with tips or maybe a trigger or something.... so I can solve this problem :D

(im only using world editor so I dont have any extra programs, or something so just make a trigger or show me how to do it :D )

Aloha! Im doing a "arena" map, and I where about to make a anti mage that where smiliar to the one in dota, and just made the spell reduction effect i did pick the one item effect and changed alot and added a custom icon, and spell reduction etc etc... BUT when I where testing it.. it did work fine and I get the spell reduction..
here is the problem the spell reduction icon dont want to show up, only when I "tech it" or "learn it" or what you would like to call it.... Do I've to add triggers to make this work out? or is there something that I may have miss? Please respond with tips or maybe a trigger or something.... so I can solve this problem :D

(im only using world editor so I dont have any extra programs, or something so just make a trigger or show me how to do it :D )

WRONG SECTION!!!!!!! This should be in the World Editor Help Zone!!!!!!!!

you need to create a dummy ability for it, coz the spell reduction icon doesnt show... basically you'll create an ability that does nothing... and when you learn the spell reduction, you add the dummy ability to the hero...

I dont understand what im suppost to do, when it's about the trigger thing ;s

So you already made a dummy ability? I suggest you make it have the same levels as your spell reduction (so that you can modify the tooltips better, set its tooltips to the same as you real SpellReduction) and make sure that its a unit ability, not a hero ability...

• Event
    • Unit - A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions
    • Ability learned is equal to SpellReduction
  • Actions
    • If-Then-Else
      • If - Conditions
        • Level of SpellReductionDummy for TriggeringUnit is greater than 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Set Level of SpellReductionDummy for TriggeringUnit to (Level of SpellReduction for TriggeringUnit)
      • Else - Actions
        • Unit - Add SpellREductionDummy to TriggeringUnit

Level 4
Buhuh, I totally suck with triggers, please cant you make a map or something so I just can copy and paste ? thank you, otherwise I find someone else to do it :p

Buhuh, I totally suck with triggers, please cant you make a map or something so I just can copy and paste ? thank you, otherwise I find someone else to do it :p

I dont want... that's pretty simple... learn to do it yourself (you just need to copy the format of the trigger above)... its for your own good...

Level 9
Adiktuz, don't be so hard on the guy, he is begining his road of a map creator. Here bro, i made you a map for your spell, you can check the triggers, i wrote everything, i explained, if you have any troubles please write it here.

The spell name is Spell Shield.

Tiche3

Attachments

• Map to help Hivers By Tiche3.w3x
    58.3 KB · Views: 7,089
Status
Not open for further replies.