• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

W-DayZ Terrain WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Currently working on the terrain for my project, a Warcraft version of Dayz. I'm not aiming for the typical apocalypse city style nor the Wc3 classic pathing style and environment standards. The map is going to be completely open for exploration and should be more "realistically" formed than most Wc3 maps. DayZ terrain is a bit special.

So basically; feedback, criticism and suggestions wanted.
Some Hivers has already helped me in the project thread to improve the project and I hope to gain some more here. :)

Updated Version, with game view perspective.
attachment.php

Its gonna be a loot area mainly with a few zombies inhabiting it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Second version of my forest terrain, changed the grass to an animated one and the grassy dirt tile is now beneath the trees. Gonna tweak the size and tinting color of the grass soon. The location is between a road and a hill side.

attachment.php

I will have maybe 2 more camps on the map, they will inhabit bandits so they are a bit harder to gain loot from but they will be more rewarding.

I also made a custom skin for the Tent model to fit in more, I'm not gonna put down much time on it though but I am open for suggestions to make it better.

attachment.php

Shops will contain various loot, from food to bandages and even ammunition.

Note: I forgot to add pavements, not so happy about redesigning the city streets. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Attachments

• W-DayZ 13.JPG
    W-DayZ 13.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 2,901
  • W-DayZ 14.JPG
    W-DayZ 14.JPG
    319.7 KB · Views: 2,357
  • W-DayZ 15.JPG
    W-DayZ 15.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 1,709
  • W-DayZ Ingame.jpg
    W-DayZ Ingame.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 3,977
  • W-DayZ 17.JPG
    W-DayZ 17.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 2,461
Last edited:
Level 11
It is a zombie map but its not going to be like Resident Evil, DayZ is more like Zombie land where humans are more threatening than zombies and its a constant search for food and supplies. The terrain style of the original mod/game is simply a normal civilization + some rioting/zombies and that is what I am aiming at. :p

To do list:
More Blood'nGore
More elevation

Level 11
I've updated the main post with the new forest terrain.

I'm using a mix of shrub and animated grass models. I'm a bit skeptical if the end result will work well on older computers since animated grass tend to cause the fps to drop on weaker systems.

Level 11
I would suggest to use dungeon/mossy rocks ^_^ Not bad
Do you mean the tile or the rock doodad?

Nice set of terrains! At first when I saw the corpse at the Oil platform, I thought it was just a wrong placement of doodads, but then I found out it was a for a zombie-play based map.

Good job on making these, I hope you show us more!
I definitively will, I got some other neat stuff in progress around the map that I'll show when they are somewhat complete. :)

Updates for the forest are better :thumbs_up:
Hopes to see the zombies in your screenshots soon ^^
Still looking for a appropriate zombie model, I'm thinking about using the Wc3 standard with custom skin or a completely new one. Decisions decisions...

Level 11
Update

Added a In Game picture from the northern Bandit Camp. I also made a custom skin for the Tent model to make it fit in more to the Modern Warfare style I'm using.
Its not the best quality but it works in my eyes and if there are any suggestions for improving it I would appreciate it.

Also a first picture from City, showing a main looting area; Shop.
Problem is that I forgot about adding in pavements in the City...

Status
Not open for further replies.