Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

VTMD

Submitted by GodofCinder
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A Hero Defense-RPG Hybrid Map

Characters, areas and items are based on Vampire the masquerade bloodlines and redemption. (But not the story)

Features

• 30 heroes
  • more than 20 bosses
  • 10 areas
  • unique item upgrade system
  • boss shops
  • 3 to 4 hours of playtime
  • 9 difficulties

Gameplay Trailer

Credits

MapperMalte - Leak Cleaner
Mythic - A lot of spell models
Taysen - Hero Selector
Novart - A lot of icons
JetFangInferno - Many spell models
Bribe - Damage Engine and Item cleanup
Sabe - Camera System
Prince Phoenix - UI
-Grendel - Many Models
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Necromancer_187
Rightfield
BlinkBoy
iron_warrior
Black_stan
Mc!
Norinrad
Kitabatake
Tenebris
Daelin
Tenebrae
Kuhneghetz
Dionesiist
General Frank
Usedwell
ironmaiden
Tarrasque
Gottfrei
HappyTauren
Tirlititi
Whitedeath
Ket
Supa-
Fingolfin
xyzier_24
Direfury
Sellenisko
Misha
Tranquil
Kangyun
Matis
Stefan.K
Tauer
A.R.
HerrDave
Frotty
Redsteel1
The Panda
KAIL333XZ

Patch Notes
A
-Nerfed the first giovanni for the fourth time
-Changed final boss name to Caine
-Changed final boss model

This map has been updated many times over three years and major updates wont happen anymore. Unless there is a bug that I havent found. It might be a bit repetitive or unbalanced.
Older versions can be found in maps.w3reforged.com
It is also one of my smaller projects. If you are interested, visit our discord server.

Join the Legion of Cinders Discord Server!
Contents

VTMD a (Map)

Reviews
  1. MN Lahmar

MN Lahmar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    to the abyss with thee!!! :grin:

2. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    MAN! Is this reforged only?

I LOVE Vampire: The Masquerade but hate Reforged, if it can not be played properly on classic will be such a shame.

3. GodofCinder

GodofCinder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It can be played on latest version classic mode.
    But doesnt work on older versions.

4. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great to hear it man, but I mean any of the features get screwd by going classic? Like animations and such?

5. GodofCinder

GodofCinder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nothing should go wrong.
    But if anything breaks on classic tell me to fix it.

6. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well had my first solo run...

Must start by thanking you, most games don't allow player to be my favorite clan Tzimisce, they usually only leave tzi as enemies or bosses, so thanks, now you based the units on bosses from both Bloodlines and Redemption and that is great.

I gota report something about the blood cauldrum spell in the Tzimisce plaguebringer (int) it is only usable on units that have mana, don't know if it is intended but makes quite useless early on, but later on most units got mana and ofc plenty of bosses.

My personal complain is about the spells, and it is a problem I also have with Redemption, as they made tzimisce the not playable enemies so they did not bother to actually make the VIcissitude discipline of clan Tzimisce, wich I believe you followed in your map as he got a mix of treme with Cappadocian disciplines, wich was still fun, I love Tzimisce even without my favorite discipline, but you made so many characters to play I understand how hard it is to make spells for all of them.

On my run I got up to Ahzra she got me by surprise, as I was used with only bosses spawning close to the human base after you kill it, I assumed Ahzara was not going to spawn to destroy the human base, so could not defend it, even ressurected the Tremere bosses to help but gg. On NOOB difficulty lol.

I might try a team play next and post it on my YouTube channel: MrFantocan.
    In any case great map, good to see maps with backstory. VTM fans might enjoy this as well.

EDIT: Man just played a full team game, that last boss drags on too much, he got like 10 forms, and gota say making his model anime stuff kinda sucked. And even in Noob difficulty he killed our base, uploading the run intu my channel MrFantocan now.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  7. GodofCinder

GodofCinder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for playing.
    I tried to add as many vtm characters as possible and add some new ones too.
    The way I made the abilities was that first I made as many vtm abilities as I could and then added each ability to the hero clans that used them in vtm and their main stat. And then one special ultimate ability for each clan.
    Cauldron of blood skill was intended to be anti-boss cause sometimes they have really annoying abilities like divine shield or mirror image.
    The enemies scale with more players so I dont think it would be easier D: unless you try to stun lock bosses
    About the Azhra thing I understand. Did you not know she is a boss or did she spawn in wrong location?
    I used anime model for final boss cause I didnt find a better vampire final boss model lol
    Also this game wasnt really meant for solo and I added the player amount scaling later, so for beating it solo you need to use the some of the most broken heroes xD
    The way some harder bosses work is like vtm redemption. You just cant fight them face to face. Remember how hard etrius and vukodlak were on vtm redemption? the only way to beat them was freeze spamming them. In this map it works the same, you just gotta debuff them or stun lock them... ( I know its kind of impossbile if you have a hero without disables and are playing solo but I didnt want the entire game to be just A clicking.)
    Walter (GodofCinder) is a reference to me
    For final boss its even harder. If he gets out of stun for 1 second you are all dead. I always do majesty + prison of Ice combo.(Balancing late game stuff was really hard)
    Ill watch your run soon.

Btw did you like the item upgrade system and the boss shop?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  8. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem man, really like your map and can see you put a lot of work in it.

Ahzra spawned right but I assumed each chapter had just one boss, and as she was part of the Tzimisce Chapter I assumed she was not going to atack human base, lesson learned.

About the anime model please change it, kinda kills the mood of the map, I like anime but mixing with vampire feels very wrong, other players in my lobby agreed, actually they complained first.

Yeah I went solo mostly for testing, got that for just cuse afk griding for hours as I went out XD.

I must be honest I beat Redemption very easily cuse I went the Cheesy strategy of Freeze+Rain of Fire the game is just too hard for you to punch the bosses till death. Vohzd for instance had a move that he eats you, one hit kill... so yeah had to cheese.

Oh I did not make the connection of GoofCinder with you, I focused on the name Walter, nice easter egg XD.

About the item upgrade, it is very nice I found out you could merge items by chance, very cool system, much better than buying recipes, but I guess you should make a recipe shop just to let people know what items u can merge, unless you intended to be a secret. I guess I found all, merged every row of both shops got in the end 6 items except that the last one was just the fully upgraded discipline item.

Boss shop was nice too, helped runing solo. Now the players lost their minds over your camera control option at top left of the screen, that was very good stuff. Also I dont know what it NG in the options. And loved the BLOODLINES SONG at the boss fight, would love more Bloodlines songs added like the Last Round and Asylum clubs songs.

But again would be a good idea to make the last boss not have so many come back we had to kill him like 10 times, and there should be some warning against the instant kill move of the boss, like "warning when boss glow red stay back, or stun him" or something.

Here is my video:

Great map man. Would love more VTM stuff, and count on me for testing or anything else.

9. GodofCinder

GodofCinder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah some areas have a miniboss but not all of them
    My war3 is currently broken so I cant change the final boss model. It crashes everytime T-T
    There was 5 ultimate items and you only got 3 of them in the video. Didnt get Third and second row of special shop.
    F9 actually explains a lot of mechanics and item upgrading.
    The NG+ mode allows you to access the forgotten haven from start and buy final boss heroes!
    Bosses used to have Dark Ages boss 2 song from redemption but then I removed it and later used it on the trailer.
    And I have a habit of making really long final boss fights forgive me xD
    I also licked and commented on your video!

Btw I put this map too but no one has rated it yet. Plz test it if have the time
    Amnesia RPG

10. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok I will take a look, but the description only says you lost your memory, not much backstory there, hope it is not hack and slash grindfest. But screenshots look nice.

11. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another short gameplay, solved gameplay audio problem, but my comments are a bit low:

12. Tanni

Tanni

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there! A friend and I tried your map out and it's fun. Definitely doable with only two players. On the very last stage though, when the final boss was throwing boss after boss (like, the Last X Race) we encountered the last Giovanni. We were able to defeat it 3 times before realizing we couldn't kill it as its cooldown on its resurrection was too quick. At least we believed that to be the case. Perhaps you could lower the cooldown for its resurrection?

13. GodofCinder

GodofCinder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    God damn it! I nerfed him three times and he still cant die...

14. GodofCinder

GodofCinder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I changed the final boss model!

Im thinking we should do a playthrough together and finally finish this game!

15. fantocan

fantocan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree play with the maker would be great, my Bnet name is Fantocan add me and we can set up a nice full lobby.

16. GodofCinder

GodofCinder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I need the numbers at the end of ur bnet name

Edit : Nvm I think I found it using my big brain

17. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs: