• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

VSMaul - on brink of discontinue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Of course, map name is VSMaul. I haven't been working it forever because I dislike working with unit editor and having no motivation to complete it. I'm trying to decide whether if I reject it, forget about completing it or try to complete it and release it full version.

Rather than writing wall of text, here's short explanation of why I created this map: People won't have to fight over who's better player (with their money....), they will have to work together to win, it's an 5 players on one Maul arena, and other 5 players on other Maul arena.

Features:

* 10 players, 5 vs 5
* 30 waves (30 is unbeatable in order to finish the match)
* rematch
* not protected, hopefully editing friendly

Progress:

Terrain is 100% done (but I'm looking to remove bank building + terrain since I can't get Neutral Building - remove unit-type to work)
Trigger is 100% done (but a few of them need reworked / removed)
Units is around 50% done

What can you guys do is try out the map a few times (I prefer you guys try out in private game with your friend, not public). Play on Human, Elf, Dwarf, Spider, and Orc, (the rest is blank or incomplete). And then give opinion on the following:

Is the map good idea?

Do you think it would become popular? (I don't mean as popular as DotA, I mean show up every once a while like Enfo's, Hero Line War, Line Tower Wars, random Maul's, etc..)

Is the map balanced? (not towers, I'll balance them later)

Will you be looking forward to multiple edited version of VSMaul? (like what they do to WinterMaul)

If anyone want to help filling in tower model, icon, name, description, sound, numbers (cost, damage, dice, etc), PM and let me know, sent me map, I'll revise and credit you in Quests box.

One last thing, please don't edit this map and redistribute yet. I'd like to finish before that (need improve / remove some terrain and triggers)

Attachments

• vsmaul.w3x
    127.7 KB · Views: 125
Level 6
I tested most of the playable races on it and tryed a viraity of mazes and combos it seems that most of the races are baced off of each other and the triggers for when you block dont work the troops move faster than warcraft maul(only other TD ive played)..... i looked over allot of your triggers there nice im new to it but i couldent find where the blocking triggers were... im only saying that beacouse you said triggers are mostly done..... personaly i cant see this maul being customized like a maul i see it being more like a towerdefence... can i see this being popuarish.... yes i can but u need to make something interesting to keep the person playing for instance in mauls they have air units and bosses frequently im not saying put them in if you decide to finish this how about making the units do something now and then like a wave will drop eggs that spawn into baby monsters or a wave that has allot of different unit types of armor like some etheral that only ur magic towers can attack while at the same time unarmored so you have to make ur magic towers attack the eteral creatures manualy.... if you dont put a twist to it even if you make it perfect i still think that it wont become popular thats the same with every game thoe... i would be willing to help but i arnt that good with the unit editor....

Level 5
Thanks for opinion, I'm working on a few changes and still haven't touched unit editing =|

If you want to edit unit and put in tower that matches race, wait for next map upload. What I'm going to do is copy and paste towers, then put race label on each of them, so you guys know what to change.

About the blocking trigger, there isn't really any, it's warcraft engine itself. If units can't walk farther anymore, they stop so they would automatic attack nearby stuff, there's a trigger that cause them to stop attacking and move again.

About making game interest, I'm not good at making game more interesting, but I'm decent at making triggers from GUI. Someone else who would customize this game could change unit to flying unit, change their armor type and change towers attack type if they want.

More opinion from anyone else would help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.