• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating TD - How to get creeps to attack blocking towers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am creating a new map from scratch sort of like common Maul out there but with new shape, teams on left and right side, and a rematch feature.

I'm having problem trying to get creeps to attack tower that player created a "blocking". I have reviewed over tutorial on "creating Tower Defense map", but nothing they have mentioned have solve my problem. Here picture:

Top picture - Here's what I want to spawn creeps and move creeps from region to region (see red arrow)

Bottom picture - Here's what happen when I create towers "blocking" their path (in pink color), creeps moved to where they are (see red line is their pathing, large red dot is where they stopped at)

I want them to walk TOWARD to the towers and destroy one of tower, how would I do that?

Well, If I understood right, you could do:
- Make sure that the creeps can attack
- Use the order "Move" to order them to go to the end region
- Use pathing blockers to prevent creeps from going where they stopped.
- Make a trigger that when a unit owned by the creeps player attacks, it issues an order to Move to the end region

Your map is a little different from a normal TD so it can don't work. I didn't need to use the pathing blockers, so it was easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.