• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice acting needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey everyone! I desperately need some good voice actors for my campaign that I am working on (The Enlightened Ones - Munil), I want my campaign to be really good and for it to be good it needs custom voices and such but ok lets cut to the point.

So far I need voice acting for:
1. Dwarven Thane (serious dwarf) <- main character!
2. Alchemist (playful goblin)
3. Dwarven Paladin (playful dwarf)
4. Dwarven Battlepriest (serious dwarf)

Already taken:
wandering soul
Dwarf Soldier, Dwarf Worker and such.
Jake Command Wolf
Goblins, Captain and Footman

Chapter One
Dwarf Soldier: Thane, they are still on our tail!
Dwarven Thane: Agrr damn dwarves! There is a camp just ahead of us, keep going!
Dwarf Soldier: What if this camp is corrupted aswell? We already lost most of our soldiers, my Thane.
Dwarven Thane: Lets hope they are not corrupted then.
Dwarven Thane: I will never surrender to this dictatorship!
Dwarven Paladin: Now the other brother shows up! This one is in better condition though... Haaahaha
Dwarven Thane: Wait lad, you knew my brother?
Dwarven Paladin: If I knew him? HA! He came by not too long ago, he was injured pretty bad and said that was not able to remember what happened to him.
Dwarven Thane: So my brother lives?
Dwarf Soldier: We are under attack!
Dwarven Paladin: Lets crush these traitors and then we can talk about your brother.
Dwarven Paladin: We all heard that Arthas left your brother to rot on that snowy mountain but he survived and he found his way to the mines.
Dwarven Paladin: He was injured pretty bad but after a couple of days he was completely healed and then he took off, we dont know where he went
Dwarven Paladin: Yes, we all know Muradin is a strong bastard but now that the Emperor has declared war on his own race, I fear he could get killed if he is by himself.
Dwarven Thane: Do you know which way did he go?
Dwarven Paladin: Ah, one of my scouts told me he was heading north, towards the high elves lands.
Dwarven Thane: I will be on my way now.
Dwarven Paladin: Careful Thane, not all dwarves are agaisnt the Emperor, you were lucky we were.
Dwarven Thane: Take care lad.

Chapter Two
Dwarven Thane: I still can not believe that my brother lives.
Dwarven Thane: Damn this dwarf is been walking around like nothing happened!
Dwarven Thane: Together we can stop this dictatorship that is decimating our race, the emperor has to be stopped.
Dwarven Thane: If only you where here.
Dwarf Soldier: Thane, a miner told us he saw your brother heading north.
Dwarven Thane: I guess the old paladin Bandis was right, we head north then.
Dwarf Soldier: Thane, if Bandis is right, he is going towards the high elves lands, that could end up really bad considering we are low on units.
Dwarven Thane: There must be a reason why he headed north, we need to get to him, fast.
Dwarven Thane: Get everyone ready, we leave at once.
Dwarven Thane: I will find you brother.

Chapter Three
Dwarven Thane: Aye dwarves, listen carefully, these are dangerous lands, stick together.
Dwarven Thane: If I am not mistaken there is a human camp east from here, were we can rest to continue our search.
Dwarf Soldier: Thane, I though humans hated dwarves since the last war.
Dwarven Thane: That is true, which is why we need to choose our words carefuly.
Dwarven Thane: Just let me do the talking...
Dwarf Soldier: Ohh! We are doomed!
Captain: Dwarves! Praise the gods!
Captain: I know humans and dwarves do not get along anymore but please we need your help!
Dwarven Thane: What's the matter lad?
Captain: There is a huge fel orc camp southwest from here and they are about to wipe us out.
Captain: You see, they already killed our leader. Please Dwarf help us!
Dwarven Thane: They are fel orcs, I dont want to mess around with them.
Captain: We have a plan...
Captain: Not too long ago, a few fel orcs were kicked out of the main camp.
Captain: We need to get to them, kill the warlock and extract his blood to finish up this spell my sorcerers have been working on.
Dwarven Thane: What does this spell do?
Captain: It will turn you into a fel orc for a small amount of time but be careful, they will still be able to smell you, so keep your distance.
Captain: Once you are in, there must be a Dragon Nest west from the gates, those dragons have been their slaves for a long time, if you set them free, they most likely will fight for you.
Captain: When the dragons are free, we will go in with everything we got!
Captain: If you destroy the camps just outside their gates, they might be weaker once we go in.
Captain: Go, set those dragons free and we will go in!
Captain: Thank you dwarf, we wont forget this.
Footman: Sir, the dragons left this egg behind.
Captain: Hmmm, interesting... I think they wanted you to have it, Thane.
Captain: A drake, he will make a fine companion.
Dwarven Thane: We need to continue our quest, thank you for the gift human.

And thats it so far, I would really appreciate if anybody can help me with this, i been looking at softwares online to make my own voice acting but all if not most of the softwares sound like a robot.

Thanks in advance :D!

Last edited:
Level 18
Sounds fun...

So how will you decide who's voice would suit which character...?
Could we (Hive Community Member) get a few 'Audition Dialogs' for each characters to try out...?
And what audio file format would you prefer to receive from your would-be voice actor/actress...

Level 9
So how will you decide who's voice would suit which character...?
Could we (Hive Community Member) get a few 'Audition Dialogs' for each characters to try out...?
And what audio file format would you prefer to receive from your would-be voice actor/actress...

I updated the first post with the dialogues that I need, anybody at the hive can be the voice of one of my characters, i would really appreciate if they at least try to voice for one. Of course, please try to sound similar to Wc3 dwarves.

This will help me a lot on my campaign.

EDIT- The format could be mp3 or wav or anything that does not weight a lot.

Level 9
I am not sure if this voice acting (of mine) would suit the Dwarf Soldier character...

Thats awesome! Thanks man I really appreciate it, it has some errors like on the last one you got kinda close to the mic too much but I will try to fix it with my audio editing software, thanks dude! One more thing, I hope you dont mind doing the rest of the dwarf soldier dialogues once I am done with the campaign?

Oh and if you want you can try the main characters dialogues (Dwarven Thane), try a deeper and serious voice, then I will edit it so people cant tell is the same person.

Thanks again!

Level 18
I'll take note on that error (and others if you would point them out)...
I'll do some re-takes if you want...
Sure I could try voice-act for the rest of the Dwarf Soldier dialogues...
But I don't think my voice-act would befit the role of the Dwarven Thane...

Perhaps you should post this 'Voice Acting Request' in the Request section under Warcraft III Modding forum...
Since most (if not all) of the characters are male, there should be a decent chance to find some talented Hive Members who are interested to lend their voice to your characters...

Level 9
Here's my best Goblin Merchant voice acting, I didn't see any dialogue for him, so I just improvised some lines I thought a "good guy at heart, if not a little shady" Goblin Merchant might say, here's the full transcript:

Goblin Merchant 1:

New to the area eh?

You Dwarves look like you might be in need of some supplies, which I'd be happy to provide.

For some small amount of monetary compensation of course.

---

Goblin Merchant 2:

If you see anything you like, let me know!

We might be able to work out a deal.

---

Goblin Merchant 3:

You're just in time my stout, ironclad friends!

I just got in a shipment of Goblin Land Mines, primed the detonators myself!

Throw a few these in your enemy's path, and watch the pieces fly!
If you like my voice acting, I'd be happy to do whatever dialogue you need, also thinking about submitting some voice acting for a few other units, the Footman, Captain and maybe some of Dwarves, gotta work on my Scottish accent a bit though, lol. :grin:

Attachments

• GoblinMerchant1.mp3
    223.3 KB · Views: 55
  • GoblinMerchant2.mp3
    128.9 KB · Views: 85
  • GoblinMerchant3.mp3
    310.2 KB · Views: 66

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^Y'know, it's really exciting to see the voices behind the avatar, if you will. Same reason I've always been really excited to see voice actors & such to my favorite shows & movies; just really exciting.

That being said, Jake, while I like the sound of your voice (strong & pretty well enunciated) & recordings (clear & organized), I am afraid there's a certain "goblin-ness" just missing. If you listen to all the in-game Goblins (tinker/alchemist/sapper/shredder/zeppelin/Gazlowe), there's a certain high-pitched, squeaky air to them. A bit higher-toned, sometimes wheezy/creaky, mostly chaotic. I'll have to see if I have a mic that will allow recordings; I've been meaning to do that.

So do you just need a mic, or some kind of sound-editing software?

Level 9
my mic is shit

Yeah thats true, i liked the acting though lets see if I can edit it a bit.

Here's my best Goblin Merchant voice acting, I didn't see any dialogue for him, so I just improvised some lines I thought a "good guy at heart, if not a little shady" Goblin Merchant might say, here's the full transcript:

Goblin Merchant 1:

New to the area eh?

You Dwarves look like you might be in need of some supplies, which I'd be happy to provide.

---

Goblin Merchant 2:

---

Goblin Merchant 3:

If you like my voice acting, I'd be happy to do whatever dialogue you need, also thinking about submitting some voice acting for a few other units, the Footman, Captain and maybe some of Dwarves, gotta work on my Scottish accent a bit though, lol. :grin:

I really liked your voie for the goblins, mind if I add you to the list? I can edit it and make you sound more high-pitched and goblinish if you know what I mean :p

^Y'know, it's really exciting to see the voices behind the avatar, if you will. Same reason I've always been really excited to see voice actors & such to my favorite shows & movies; just really exciting.

That being said, Jake, while I like the sound of your voice (strong & pretty well enunciated) & recordings (clear & organized), I am afraid there's a certain "goblin-ness" just missing. If you listen to all the in-game Goblins (tinker/alchemist/sapper/shredder/zeppelin/Gazlowe), there's a certain high-pitched, squeaky air to them. A bit higher-toned, sometimes wheezy/creaky, mostly chaotic. I'll have to see if I have a mic that will allow recordings; I've been meaning to do that.

I have an editing software, it isnt the best but it does the job good enough :p I use RipEditBurn, kind of a hard software but I like it.

If yall dont mind I will add you to the main post and once I am done with the campaign i will send you a message to notify you so u can do the voice. That way you dont have to be voice acting everytime I am done with a chapter.

Thanks everyone, this campaign is going in the right direction!

Level 4
I'll give it a go for yeh. The MadGod may put in a cameo as well. And I'll edit my own stuff.

Edit: For about 3 min of work at one in the morning... not too shabby. Comes from Thane's first line, will probably redo in 7-12 hours.

Attachments

• DwarvenThane1.mp3
    66.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Level 9

Goblin Merchant 1:

New to the area eh?

---

Goblin Merchant 2:

---

Goblin Merchant 3:

That actually sounds more like a gnome or dwarf other than a Goblin. The Goblins' voices are pretty much playful, just like the Goblin Zeppelin, or some calm, like the Goblin Merchant. But, it's pretty good. Keep up the good ol' work.

Level 9
That actually sounds more like a gnome or dwarf other than a Goblin. The Goblins' voices are pretty much playful, just like the Goblin Zeppelin, or some calm, like the Goblin Merchant. But, it's pretty good. Keep up the good ol' work.

Gnomes from the bits I've heard sound more like high pitched "rambling geniuses", most Dwarves on the other hand usually have thick Scottish accents to some degree and sound very gruff.

My goblin was pretty good in my honest opinion, but then again I'm used to hearing my voice so people who have never heard it before may think it more different then I do, on a side note both the mic and impression make me sound nothing like I do in Real Life, lol... :grin:

I would love some good sound-editing software, or at least know where I could get a decent one for free download, I tried looking through C-Net, but with no luck, I just have no clue what I am looking at/for.

As for my mic I'm using a Turtle Beach X12 for Xbox 360, its not sound studio quality but it isn't cheap either, again if you know any reasonably priced mics good for voice acting let me know... :wink:

I really liked your voice for the goblins, mind if I add you to the list? I can edit it and make you sound more high-pitched and goblinish if you know what I mean :p

I'm glad you liked it, I was worried only I thought my goblin voice acting was any good... :grin:

You can feel free to add me to your voice acting list, but please don't feel the need to shut anyone else out from trying their hand (voice) for any of the characters, I'm good but I know someone out their is probably better suited for some of the roles, lol.

If I can get some decent sound editing software I can probably tweak my voice to sound more goblinish, also sorry about the static in some of the MP3s, I was using the default Windows sound recorder, its the only thing I got atm I know how to use well enough... :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.