• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villains of Warcraft v23a

full

Pick a hero and fight against the most epic villains the Warcraft universe has to offer!

You will face them at the end of their wings, but you have to face their army before you face the big bad boss

At the moment there are 18 heroes to choice from, 5 wings to experience, 24 quests to complete and 20 epic bosses to beat!

full
First you pick a hero at the tavern. It will spawn in a chosen wing.

full
You start with all your abilities, so you won't have to wait for a higher level to have them all. Making the gameplay more interesting and intense from the start.

full
Each wing has its own theme and style, four bosses with multiple phases, units with their own unique and custom abilities, three challenges to complete. There are also Achievements you can complete, but those aren't particular for an individual wing.

full
You can pick between three difficulties at the start: Easy, Normal and Hard. Picking Hard makes the enemy ofcourse stronger: Increases attack damage, health, armor and improved abilities.

full
When you are with less than 4 people, you can pick more heroes so you have always 4 heroes to play!

Zul'Aman

Azjol-Nerub

Stratoholme

Deadmines

183449-albums7428-picture100868.png

183449-albums7428-picture100869.png

183449-albums7428-picture100870.png

183449-albums7428-picture100859.png

183449-albums7428-picture100860.png

183449-albums7428-picture100861.png

183449-albums7428-picture100865.png

183449-albums7428-picture100866.png

183449-albums7428-picture100867.png

183449-albums7428-picture100862.png

183449-albums7428-picture100863.png

183449-albums7428-picture100864.png

Models

Icons

Spells

Fast Teleport, Grin Curse, Dark Void, Holy Swords
by Judash

Castingbar
by Bribe

DarknessBomb
by nGy

GoblinRemoteAirplane1
by Mc !

IceSlam
by valkemiere

Holy_Fire_Slam
by ratamahatta

Lifebloom, Healing Touch, Wild Growth
by Champara Bros

WispExplode
by JetFangInferno

red thunder clap
by DCrimson

Fatal Wound
by cotd333

Troll Ravager
by Tarrasque

TrollGate
by Buster

Default Magic Tiki Mask
by AnemicRoyalty

WoodWall0
by Mephestrial

Spikes (Wood)
by communist_orc

Zul'Jin
by facelessuniverse

Forest Troll Voodoo Hunter
by Frankster

Voodoo Mask by Forgotten_Warlord
by Forgotten_Warlord

Smoke granade impact
by HappyTauren

Crypt Drone Cocoon, Crypt Drone
by AndrewOverload519

Nerubian Elder
by -Grendel

Crystal Impale, Crystal Impale Hit
by Crystal Impale [Marcelo Hossomi]

Items potions
by Ket

HeroAbomination
by SuPa-

Training Dummy
by communist_orc

Arcane Explosion
by JesusHipster

Klingo Arcane Storm v1.04
by Klingo

ArcaneRocket_Projectile
by sPy

Voodoo Drain v1.1
by Jazztastic

OrcOgrimmarBigFire(BoneFire)
by Dark Hunter1357

Retribution
by Kuhneghetz

Orc Chef
by Pvt.Toma

Web animated
by Lender

Banana Item
by D.O.G.

Armor Icons
by NFWar

Unarmored Icon
by 4eNNightmare

Healthbar Epic
by Renderer17 '

Justice Hammer v1.2
by Vladadamm

Chaosphere v2.4
by TheSpoon

Orb of Fire
by calex3

Raging Slam v1.10
by f0rsAk3n

If you have any suggestions or found any bugs or did I forget you by the credits please contact me!
Contents

Villains of Warcraft v23a (Map)

Reviews
13:14, 3rd Jan 2015 Moderator: StoPCampinGn00bWith the addition of more enemies to go through, a few aesthetic changes such as fun model changes, and the flexibility of this map being able to be played by 1-4 players, the map now deserves a 5/5...

Whats your favorite wing?

• Zul'Aman

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Azjol Nerub

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Stratholme

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Deadmines

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

M

13:14, 3rd Jan 2015
[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
With the addition of more enemies to go through, a few aesthetic changes such as fun model changes, and the flexibility of this map being able to be played by 1-4 players, the map now deserves a 5/5 rating.
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

24th Nov 2014
[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Villains of Warcraft
by Maximum Evil
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 26/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 19/20
Total Score: 45/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
The gameplay of the map is classified as dungeon crawl RPG, but it isn't just another Warchaser or Sunken City map where there is a lot of back and forth actions. Expect straight forward medium-fast paced gameplay that lasts for less than 45 minutes.

What's great in the gameplay is that you are very consistent in the quality of different sections. The descriptions, heroes, quests, and creeps are well made and easy to understand. There's quite a bit of creativity in this map, such as the wings system, the fun to use custom abilities, and enemies to fight that have their own set of abilities and triggers to make the map a challenge worth beating (especially the bosses where it's almost like a mini-game at parts). It feels rewarding when you accomplish something due to the items to get and bonuses if you complete a certain quest, that's something few maps have.

My main concern of the map is the length. Compared to a few other maps like this on hive, they are much bigger. I'm waiting on those new wings and more heroes you've told about in your description.

26/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain tile usage was used efficiently, I have no problems with it. The height leveling was also used appropriately.

Doodads were placed around the pathways with care while matching the environment the doodads are in. A few oversized doodads makes the doodad look stretched out, but for the most part you did a job well done. Other things like changing soundtracks and lighting add an extra flare to the map.

19/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall, the map is on the right track for a higher score, but I would really love to see more! Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 32
Review finished :thumbs_up:
PS. Villian is not the correct spelling of Villain.
[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Villains of Warcraft
by Maximum Evil
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Gameplay: 26/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 19/20
Total Score: 45/50

5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
The gameplay of the map is classified as dungeon crawl RPG, but it isn't just another Warchaser or Sunken City map where there is a lot of back and forth actions. Expect straight forward medium-fast paced gameplay that lasts for less than 45 minutes.

What's great in the gameplay is that you are very consistent in the quality of different sections. The descriptions, heroes, quests, and creeps are well made and easy to understand. There's quite a bit of creativity in this map, such as the wings system, the fun to use custom abilities, and enemies to fight that have their own set of abilities and triggers to make the map a challenge worth beating (especially the bosses where it's almost like a mini-game at parts). It feels rewarding when you accomplish something due to the items to get and bonuses if you complete a certain quest, that's something few maps have.

My main concern of the map is the length. Compared to a few other maps like this on hive, they are much bigger. I'm waiting on those new wings and more heroes you've told about in your description.

26/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain tile usage was used efficiently, I have no problems with it. The height leveling was also used appropriately.

Doodads were placed around the pathways with care while matching the environment the doodads are in. A few oversized doodads makes the doodad look stretched out, but for the most part you did a job well done. Other things like changing soundtracks and lighting add an extra flare to the map.

19/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall, the map is on the right track for a higher score, but I would really love to see more! Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited:
Level 12
Wow, i really enjoyed the Gameplay of yours.
I most say im impressed by mostly everything.
Like;
-spells
-Heros
-Terrain
-Gameplay
-Story

====================
I also like that the hero's cast the spells automaticly.
Good job on that one!
====================

I really enjoyed this so im giving you:
Really strong 4/5
Also, take +Rep for your good work!

Yan

Yan

Level 6
i think i have find bugs

Bug 1
Game conditions :
4 players
Difficulty Normal & Hard

All players have 0 gold so they can't buy a hero

Bug 2
Game conditions :
3 players

183449-albums7428-picture91121.png
When you are with less than 4 people, you can pick more heroes so you have always 4 heroes to play!
There are 3 heroes
Each player have 500 gold

Level 1
A very good map, I tip my hat to you sir. I only played solo, and good rpg/dungeon crawler maps like this is hard to come by ;)
What I like about it is:
1. It is linear with not many, if at all, exploration/choices; which is great in a map like this, because the focus is on killing stuff to get strongler to kill more stuff.
2. It is challenging, even on Easy setting. The bosses offering nice mechanics that sometimes take a few attempts to get past. Especially the last boss D:
3. Many heroes with unique but simple abilities -> easy to learn, hard to master
4. Loot from bosses, and not really any other source. This is a good loot system imo, since the main goal is to kill bosses.

Suggestions I can offer is:
1. More wings, more bosses. It is a nice map, making it longer means making it better ;)
2. Rework the loot system slightly (I Like how you get 4 'points' to spend per boss kill, but maybe make items free. The points can then be spent on the attributes/skillups/skillresets) Just my opinion; I still like it more than many other loot systems.
3. Increase experiance gain. It felt slightly dissapointing only to level up half of a hero's abilities. (Suggestion 2 will help in this regard as well). If it was easier to balance the map the way you did it I understand.

TL;DR: Excelent map, 5/5

(PS, if anyone knows of a map similar to this one, or one that you think I might like based on my feedback, dont hesitate to inform me.)

Level 9
Erh, dude, why you keep posting the 10a version? Shouldn't it be more than that right now?

Level 3
Man everytime i play with 3 friends, everytime after anyone picks a hero ,the rest cant pick one anymore.It says theres no patron nearby.Fix this bug omg.Put a watcher or something else.Just make it work lol.I can only play alone.