• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Although I love the game, and play it whenever I can, it's got several flaws in the gameplay, and isn't the game I had first hoped it to be.
Therefore, I'm creating my own Village Construction game.
Pros:
-No massive lags (Max 100 units)
-Don't build villagers (They don't even appear, just build houses and feed them)
-More focus on the village (Many, many more buildings, for gaining more people)
-Lumber harvesting
-Naval Units
-Oh, and better terrain

Cons:
-Unfinished
-Can't host online
-Unoriginal
-A bit too much like Castle Builder

Anyway, I'm going to post the unfinished, untested version, in the hope that someone will try it out online.

Any advise, comments, hate-mail; can it please be put into this thread, so I can discuss it.

Okay, it's up, you can find it here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=7065&sid=f0e9880b676a462574bc6c018e23113a

Level 1
I enjoyed this, it seems to work better than the original, as much as I liked that version. I've played this several times and it really was fun but there is one big problem I noticed. Due to the fact that you can't have a keep it won't ever let you build an arcane sanctum.

Solve this and it will work great! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.