• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

creating a village builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
The only other method of obtaining gold aside from what your avoiding and mining created mines that I've seen is to convert the "Lumber" resource to "Peasants", and set up a function which grants gold (tax payment) based on the number of pesants you currently have. The map I saw this in also randomly increased/decreased the peasant count. I have access to the trigger, although it's in JASS, and it was not written by me. I'd paste it in here, but I'm new to the Hive and haven't figured out how to do that yet...
BTW, the map I'm referring to is called Castlebuilder; several versions can be found on Epicwar. Any version edited by me is unprotected. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

Level 7
For your income problem, I have an idea. Make it like this: every ???? seconds of game time you recieve gold for the size of your town, number of tax collectors, and for your score ( - ) the amount of gold you have to pay for the size of your army, and number of people.

If you like this idea and want to use it, let me know and I will make it and post it here for you, if you want me to?

Level 9
some good suggestions:
-scrape all the normal wc3 models, add in customs ones. add custom races like for eg space marine... etc
-make the terrains island so a player can only build 40 income buildings on each island.. hope u get what i mean. so they will be on a constant struggle for getting as much islands as possible and add 1 governor of island so once he dies the player loses the island.
-add in governor so once he steps on circle of power on a certain island then the player gets a sacred building for eg. tower of pisa... blah blah blah so he get certain benefits. if u add this the map might be original..

Level 14
For a builder style map:
-Shorter incomes (aroun10-25 sec)
-Faster unit production
-Ally/Unally system
-simple, yet diverse military
-several different modes (i.e. Conquest/FFA-defeat all players;some other goal(s) like CTF)

Basically you need a game that can be finished in <45 min. but not neccesarily have to be. As for the gameplay, looking through this thread hasn't really told me what theme your map is based off of...

//\\oo//\\

Status
Not open for further replies.