• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Very difficult trigger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys

I need help with a trigger badly.
I want it so that if a unit aquires a specific item, he gains a few abilities. One is advanced (4x)HP regeneration. The second is not being able to attack. The third is the ability (not item ability, a normal ability) to shoot his item. He selects a target and shoots the item at it/them. This must be a homing missle. If the item, however, encounters another player on its way to the intended target, it is automatically picked up by this new player. :shock:

Any ideas on how this trigger/item/ability/combo thereof will work?

help very much appreciated
Bort

Level 2
Don't know how you could do the other two, but for the throw ability: for every player make an air unit that always hovers above his head. Make a shockwave-like ability, but targeting only air. The problem would be finding something for this that is homing (or can you make shockwave homing?). The player whose unit is damaged first gets the item. To avoid complications you would have to add a cooldown after aquiring the item.
Two scenarios for clarification:

A player throws the item and hits another players air unit with it. It is damaged. The player gets the item.

A player throws the item and hits another player with it, but afterwards also hits the original target. The player whose unit was damaged first gets the item. Because of the cooldown its not possible that the second hit was from another throw, so the player doesnt get the item.

You'll have to make the details yourself or wait for someone with a better idea, as I don't know much about triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.