• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help on hero abilities tirggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hi

i need some help on making a trigger that does this:

If your hero buys and certain Item just say its Wind walk.

Then your heros gets the ability to have windwalk as one of its abilities so every time he gets another level he can simply increase ww or any other skill the player has choosen for his hero.

My trigger is like this but wont work

Events
Unit aquires an item

Conditions

Triggering unit is a hero = true
Item type of(item being malipulated) = windwalk (custom made item based of claws of attack)

Actions (this is where i cant work it out help plz)

Unit add ability Wind walk (this only adds a level one wind walk, and doesnt let my hero as he levels beable to continue to increase the level of wind walk whish is what i want)
Hero - drop item being malipulated from triggering unit
Remove last droped item

any help on that ?

Also id like if some one could please lwt me no how i can make a repick hero trigger so a person can type - repick their current hero is removed and a they can pick a different one.

Level 5
Here is what you can do for repick hero

Event:
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -repick as An exact match
(Do this event on the one trigger for each player(just change player number))

Action:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player)) and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
Unit - Create 1 Hero Chooser for (Triggering player) at (Center of Repick Region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering player) to (Center of Repick Region <gen>) over 0.00 seconds

You may or may not want the camera moved when repick is typed

Level 1
Thanks for the help on that repick trigger should be sweet :)

WIth the other trigger if i cant do it by items is it possible to do at all? I think letting people choose there hero spells and hero would be the most fun, is there a way i could do this by trigger as the game starts maybe or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.