• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help: item cooldowns and ability targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I made several custom items that cast spells when activated. The spells and the item cooldowns work fine; but my problem is that the item's icon in the inventory does not display the ability's cooldown, as spellcasting items normally do.

Here is my other problem: I want to make a dummy ability for a spell. But I want this dummy ability to only be able to target allied units (it is for a death pact-type spell). I have tried many settings of "Targets allowed", including 'Friend', 'Allied', and 'Player Units'; but whatever I do, the ability is still able to activate targeting neutral hostiles. I know I could just make it check as a trigger condition, but that would be inefficient.

Level 1
I already have the cooldown group set- the actual cooldown times of the spells in the items work fine. My only problem is that the item doesn't show the cooldown timer after it is used.

Level 22
maybe cuz the iterm also gives permanent stuff?

do a test like this: make a custom item hat can cast a custom made ability and set the cooldown group to that ability. the look if it shows the cooldown (or watch at the crown of the deathlord or sumthing, has an ability to, maybe u notice if something is different from ur custom items)

Status
Not open for further replies.