• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ventrillo for Hivesworkshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Yo, today while i was taking a shower... i was thinking about random things for some reason... and all the sudden pops the hivesworkshop... and im just thinking to my self... "man, what if there was ventrilo for the hive," so now i am here... lol (i got A.D.D!), but wouldn't it be cool though? im pretty sure this isn't the first time someone posted this, and i dont even know if its against the rules... but still.... it would pretty pretty ballin.....! :D hehe

Level 11
really??? hmm i would think that if there was an option on this website (like on top left of this website - forums, models, etc.) that had ventrilo information... it could work out

Level 3
Teamspeak 3 > Ventrilo, anyway.

orly.png

If thats what you honestly think. EPIC FAIL

Level 15
orly.png

If thats what you honestly think. EPIC FAIL
Versus Teamspeak 2, Ventrilo was far better quality.

However, with the advent of Teamspeak 3, any advantage Vent had completely dissolved.
At this point, it's pretty much:
Good voice quality with an outdated interface and inflexible server daemon (Vent)
versus
Good voice quality with a clean and organized user interface and efficient/flexible server daemon (TS3).

At the end of the day, Hive doesn't really need either one at this point.

Level 3
Versus Teamspeak 2, Ventrilo was far better quality.

However, with the advent of Teamspeak 3, any advantage Vent had completely dissolved.
At this point, it's pretty much:
Good voice quality with an outdated interface and inflexible server daemon (Vent)
versus
Good voice quality with a clean and organized user interface and efficient/flexible server daemon (TS3).

At the end of the day, Hive doesn't really need either one at this point.

That explains why i think your a nut. Lol. I didnt know there was a TS3... Never tried it, never heard of it. I apologize:pal:

Level 3
And yet, it also has chats, voice chatting, private chats, clans, and more.

You cannot buy a steam voice server >_> if your playing a Steam games such as TF2 or CSS or G-MOD then you can use the chat because its built in... WC3 is not a steam game.

Soo... if your just saying that steam is better, ofc it is, but it has nothing to do with our topic.

Level 3
this is just a forum

we don't need to make it a type of lifestyle
even chat seems a little redundant

Also very true :p but... voice chat could be used for more than social. Map makers could use it to there advantage and stuff. Recruitment. Co-op map making. It could help for various different reasons.

Level 13
Also, we could use the server when the THW is down (everyone knows that , when you need something fast , you click and ... 500 ...) I guess it could work, but...theoretically (pretty much it would get abandoned fast >.>)

(Am I the only one who noticed ? "Ventrillo for Hivesworkshop")

Level 13
Teamspeak is old nobody uses it now days its all about vent/ventrilo sound quality is 100x better IMO its easy to use and doesn't cause players to lag out from what I heard teamspeak made people lag on slow connections from what I heard although I never had a problem with it but I highly recommend ventrilo over teamspeak any day... Everyone is still going to use ventrilo over teamspeak, also teamspeak 3 is complicated hardly anyone uses it even some of the hosting sites say they get bad feedback on teamspeak 3.

That is so not true. I was part of a group and they had a ventrilo server. It was easy to use, but it lagged so badly. Sometimes, I pressed the key and had to wait for 3 seconds to be able to talk. And sometimes, people say something and you actually hear it more then 10 seconds later. I thought it was fine, better than TeamSpeak. But, we moved to a TeamSpeak 3 server. The sound was very weird, but we had to get used to it. A few hours later, the sound was completely normal. Besides, there was no lag at all. It was great, more detailed. You could add groups and icons to people's name and shiz. It has so many extra's.
But, later, we moved back to Vetrilo. And trust me, if you're used to TS3, ventrilo really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.