• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vampire

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
You are a vampire in this unique RPG. You must kill to eat, then finally, get rid of the competition. Durring the night, you are significantly more powerful, you can hide in the shadows, you can see farther, and you heal yourself faster. When you kill someone, you take their soul (lumber) and their energy (gold).

Keywords:
Vampire, undead, night, blood,bat, evil, rpg, Role, playing, game
Contents

Vampire (Map)

Reviews
20:09, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: AProject has mentioned quite some problems that allow me to set this map to Rejected. Use the Map Development forum for projects like this and you will get some feedback there.

M

20:09, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
AProject has mentioned quite some problems that allow me to set this map to Rejected. Use the Map Development forum for projects like this and you will get some feedback there.

Level 31
Not bad idea of this map, but quite not balanced gameplay. It was way too hard to kill even one Guard at start. Especially if it do not stucks, lol. However, I didn't relise in entire gameplay how am I supposed to receive lumber. Quest says: Taking their souls (Lumber). Umm, the question is, how to take their souls? Bad description of this map.

Terrain was bad, your Doodad Palette and Terrain Palette art was really bad. Adding lamps, trash, bushes, different type of ground(Terrain) while making the road, changing buildings into different ones, because it's pretty monotonous, and it might be successful. All these tight roads was badly done. Instead making boundary as a wall or putting Pathing Blockers you could add there Fence, not forgeting gardens and etc. I must say that your Terrain and Doodad Palette art is hopless and cheaply done. I suggest you to work more on this for sure.

Sleep is very useful spell, critical strike also, but I didn't like Mana Burn spell there. It seems useless. Or I just didn't notice it's importance. Umm, Mephistolor? You meant Mephisto? Cause it's the right name, I guess. That Mephistolor (Rival Vampire) was casting Holy Light? Lol! Since when undeads uses holy spells?

Let's talk about the items now. All items seems useful, but it requires too big amount of gold. Also it requires lumber that I have no idea how to receive it. I didn't like some icons of it too. Like Power item, icon just do not fit it's actions. Also the same with Blood Blade and Claws of Attack +12, Instead sword you could use some kind of claws and the item named Claws of Attack +12 is useless, what is it for? Anyway, entire work with object editor could be better.

Remove Untitled Category at Trigger Editor. Also quests wasn't clear at all. It says, kill all competition. What competition? You should name the name of that dude that quests requires to be killed (Rival Vampire).

That's all I could think out at the moment. I could tell more, but I think it's actually enough.

I give 1/5 at this time.
Fix at least half stuff I mentioned here (Terrain and Doodads improvements are necessary) and my rating will increase.

Last edited:
Level 3
Not bad idea of this map, but quite not balanced gameplay. It was way too hard to kill even one Guard at start. Especially if it do not stucks, lol. However, I didn't relise in entire gameplay how am I supposed to receive lumber. Quest says: Taking their souls (Lumber). Umm, the question is, how to take their souls? Bad description of this map.

Terrain was bad, your Doodad Palette and Terrain Palette art was really bad. Adding lamps, trash, bushes, different type of ground(Terrain) while making the road, changing buildings into different ones, because it's pretty monotonous, and it might be successful. All these tight roads was badly done. Instead making boundary as a wall or putting Pathing Blockers you could add there Fence, not forgeting gardens and etc. I must say that your Terrain and Doodad Palette art is hopless and cheaply done. I suggest you to work more on this for sure.

Sleep is very useful spell, critical strike also, but I didn't like Mana Burn spell there. It seems useless. Or I just didn't notice it's importance. Umm, Mephistolor? You meant Mephisto? Cause it's the right name, I guess. That Mephistolor (Rival Vampire) was casting Holy Light? Lol! Since when undeads uses holy spells?

Let's talk about the items now. All items seems useful, but it requires too big amount of gold. Also it requires lumber that I have no idea how to receive it. I didn't like some icons of it too. Like Power item, icon just do not fit it's actions. Also the same with Blood Blade and Claws of Attack +12, Instead sword you could use some kind of claws and the item named Claws of Attack +12 is useless, what is it for? Anyway, entire work with object editor could be better.

Remove Untitled Category at Trigger Editor. Also quests wasn't clear at all. It says, kill all competition. What competition? You should name the name of that dude that quests requires to be killed (Rival Vampire).

That's all I could think out at the moment. I could tell more, but I think it's actually enough.

I give 1/5 at this time.
Fix at least half stuff I mentioned here (Terrain and Doodads improvements are necessary) and my rating will increase.

Thank you for your review, it was very helpful.

Just a few things

At the start, it's supposed to be hard to kill a guard, you need to use an item.
You take the soul of someone by killing them. When you kill someone, you receive one lumber.
Mana Burn: It's just a basic damage dealing spell. I gave everyone mana, even if they can't use it.
Mephistolor is just a random name. He was casting Holy Light because it deals damage. I guess I could have done better, though.
I said kill the competition because I wanted it to be a surprise what the boss is.

I'm not trying to argue, just clarifying some things. Thanks again.