• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vampire War Beta 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Lykkespreder Presents

Vampire War BETA!
Created by Lykkespreder

Map Info:

This is basicly an attempt to make a successfull mix between Vampirism and DoTA.
You start out as seven players (the map is not flexible on the player count), 1 Vampire, 3 Hunters and 3 Humans. The main goal of the map is to defend a Light Generator placed in the upper center of the map against the vampire, and to do this we have the hunters and humans.
Hunters are (yes you guessed it) the main source of counterattack against the vampires, being stronger heroes who may also increase in power throughout the entire game time of the map, just like the vampire, where the human players are basicly normal human players who can build a base and create defences and armies (The variation of units though are quite limited, and each human player has a different set of the basic units and buildings they may make, but can on the other hand also build walls and towers.)
Like any other DoTA map, the enemy (The vampire, player red) will have allied minions that comes in waves towards the light generator, though for this to happen, the vampire must first destroy some of the four lesser light generators around the map, replacing them with unholy generators.
And just like in Vampirism, the friend can turn to foe, as the human players are all granted a weak unit called "The Leader". She is the one who builds the towers for the defence, and the walls, but if she dies, the human player will become a vampire.

Features:

- This map has no unique traits that have not been seen before, the basic reason for it's creation was a curios wish to see a mix between a DoTA like map and Vampirism.
- Unlike DoTA, this map does not have any unique items, or many of them at that (I may consider adding some later). Most of the items avalible to the player are attribute-powerups and armor items.
- With the exception of the first vampire (player red), both hunters and vampires have some damage abilities that are based on the Hero's intelligence, and every hunter and vampire is an agility based hero (armor bonus removed for agility). This is to allow a wider use of the attribute power-ups. Go intelligence, and you will be doing spelldamage, go agility, and the focus will lie on base-attack damage, and finally, go strenght and armor items for a more tankish vampire. Hybrids are also possible of course.
- Humans cannot progress like the vampires and hunters in power, they cannot give the heroes they buy any power-ups or items from the shops, so both hunters and humans will need to focus as much on winning fast, or else the humans will become null and void against a vampire over a certain amount of time.

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Some else stuff about map:

IMPORTANT NOTE: This map is the very first BETA I made, and unfortunately, I am in a position where I cannot use the battle.net, so I would love to get feedback and suggestions from all who play it to reduce probable imbalances there exists.

Screenshots and Videos:

Image Description:

25ulgjo.jpg

Credits:

Special Thanks to:

Models:

Bloodpool Demons
By Ampharos_222

Borreal Hound
By -Grendel

Calcium Behemoth
By Ampharos_222

New Graveyard
By MasterHaosis

Dreadlord (Pre-Beta Look-A-Like)
By Dan van Ohllus

Infernal Knight
By Ampharos_222

Offspring
By Ampharos_222

Royal Queen
By Dan van Ohllus

Black Rook
By -Grendel

Author's notes:

BETA! BETA! Take note, this map is probably imbalanced, have some bugs and so on, and since I haven't been able to fully test it out due to battle.net being unavalible to me, feedback and suggestions would be fully appreciated!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Vampirism, Hero Defence, Defense / Survival, Defense/Survival, Miscellanous, Vampire, Tower Defense, Defense
Contents

Vampire War Beta 1.0 (Map)

Reviews
00:25, 20th Nov 2012 Orcnet: Map is in BETA stage, please re-direct your work here: Map Development
Level 30
I tried the game and overall it needs huge amount of work, I also notice this a beta build am I right? I've checked and spot some problems in the map, first thing's first the map must be mixed with the category of AoS(Aeon of Strife) and the famous map genre: Vampirism. But where is it?

gameplay is rather poor because the team: Hunters will always win due to the game will end when the generator will be destroyed but luckily the Hunters' heroes are already positioned on that area and thus already wrecking up the game, the defending team: Humans ain't have much time to build forces and tech since the Hunters can destroy the said building in just 2 minutes, and Force1 is just a random player probably the replicate version of 'Nosteferatu' of Vampirism

anyways, in dire need of maintenance and progress, I suggest you to upload and ask help for your map to be worked in this part of the forum: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/, I'll be watching the development if you have the chance of revision for it :)