• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Valley of Narra (Template)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
[ Valley of Narra ]

A Classic Template Map

A Small Village
600 B.C Civilization

Feat: 3d FrameWorks,3d Tree's,House Design's

243946-albums8419-picture101446.png

243946-albums8419-picture101445.png

243946-albums8419-picture101444.png

Credits : Special Thanks to UTM MAP
Thanks to Morpheus For House Pack
Also to Born2Modificate a.k.a B2M
And to Heinvers

Keywords:
Template,Houses,Village,Forest,Mountain
Contents

Valley of Narra (Template) (Map)

Reviews
23:39, 12th Sep 2015 Shadow Fury: Template set to needs fix. Read my review.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Please improve the description.

It is highly recommended to add screenshots for template maps, as well telling about it.
What is its stories, what are its features, its environment ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Works for me now.

It would be good if you also place pathing blockers at obvious places, like the water borders and cliffs.

About the credits, did you only use UTM ?

Level 21
A template of medium quality. You certainly did an excellent job with those buildings. They are well-constructed, realistic and, most important, varying. Every building is unique and not a simple copy-paste of another. The usage of tile variation was doubtlessly efficient as a lot of tiles have been utilized from different tilesets. However, the grass trim doesn't really seem to blend well with the rest of the tiles since it is regular-shaped and of a deep dark green colour, giving a weird overall look and creating a terrible contrast with the colours of other tiles. I would recommend using stone and cobble path in a regular way for these areas. In addition, I don't really get what's the purpose of the white marble below buildings. It is invisible to the eye and honestly, even if it was visible, it would mix horribly with the darker colours of the structures. You could've replaced the white marble with a better tile like black marble. Last point about the tiles is the abyss tile. I noticed that you used it to create a dark entrance for the mine yet you didn't convey that exact feeling. A dark entrance like that one doesn't immediately get totally black as you enter. There is a spark of light that still illuminates the entrance. Since you're familiar with the UTM, try playing with the clouds/glow model; they usually give a nice effect.

Having a few words about doodads, I'm pretty unsure that the dense forestation was a good idea. I estimated that they take about 30% of the template. Those parts cannot be used for playable purposes because the view is obstructed, offering less space than there could really be. By zooming a little bit on those forests, I noticed two things: there are unnatural raisings that are pointed and you merely used tree for the forests. Where are the plants, the shrubbery, the bushes etc...? A forest isn't simply done with myriads of trees and nothing else. Additionally you have to use the smooth tool in the Terrain Palette to give the raisings a more natural aspect rather than a pyramid-like one.

One final recommendation I'd like to drop is adding pathing blockers. Players can do that by themselves but they would blatanly prefer to have them pre-placed around, for example, the structures and the cliffs you created by raising the ground.

Based on my review, I'd say that the template still requires a few refinements before being approved therefore it is set to needs fix with a rating of 3/5.

A template of medium quality. You certainly did an excellent job with those buildings. They are well-constructed, realistic and, most important, varying. Every building is unique and not a simple copy-paste of another. The usage of tile variation was doubtlessly efficient as a lot of tiles have been utilized from different tilesets. However, the grass trim doesn't really seem to blend well with the rest of the tiles since it is regular-shaped and of a deep dark green colour, giving a weird overall look and creating a terrible contrast with the colours of other tiles. I would recommend using stone and cobble path in a regular way for these areas. In addition, I don't really get what's the purpose of the white marble below buildings. It is invisible to the eye and honestly, even if it was visible, it would mix horribly with the darker colours of the structures. You could've replaced the white marble with a better tile like black marble. Last point about the tiles is the abyss tile. I noticed that you used it to create a dark entrance for the mine yet you didn't convey that exact feeling. A dark entrance like that one doesn't immediately get totally black as you enter. There is a spark of light that still illuminates the entrance. Since you're familiar with the UTM, try playing with the clouds/glow model; they usually give a nice effect.

Having a few words about doodads, I'm pretty unsure that the dense forestation was a good idea. I estimated that they take about 30% of the template. Those parts cannot be used for playable purposes because the view is obstructed, offering less space than there could really be. By zooming a little bit on those forests, I noticed two things: there are unnatural raisings that are pointed and you merely used tree for the forests. Where are the plants, the shrubbery, the bushes etc...? A forest isn't simply done with myriads of trees and nothing else. Additionally you have to use the smooth tool in the Terrain Palette to give the raisings a more natural aspect rather than a pyramid-like one.

One final recommendation I'd like to drop is adding pathing blockers. Players can do that by themselves but they would blatanly prefer to have them pre-placed around, for example, the structures and the cliffs you created by raising the ground.

Based on my review, I'd say that the template still requires a few refinements before being approved therefore it is set to needs fix with a rating of 3/5.

Thank You!. But still i have one question how to fix the Error ! MAIN MAP FILE COULD NOT BE FOUND