1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Utgarde Pinnacle v.2.3b

Submitted by usfshihy
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
---Utgarde Pinnacle v.2.3b---
--By Usfshihy--

---Map Info:---
---After four months of work here it is..Utgarde Pinnacle,the Vrykul fortress and it is where King Ymiron king of the Vrykul stands.Experience the true Blizzlike action with the true bosses,boss loot and WoW spells for your five optimized full WoW classes .Your definition of "EPIC" is about to get shattered!---

---Features:---
The map holds plenty of features that emphasize you more to download,just to list a few:
  1. Four Difficulty Levels
  2. All true bosses with their true abilities for you to be more blizzlike
  3. WoW Abilities for all five WoW classes(More Blizzlike as I said!)
  4. Many amazing systems
  5. Custom Music Themes
  6. Many custom icons
  7. From 1 to 3 hours of game-play
  8. Tips found in the questlog
  9. Watch the frozen but beautiful terrain around the Pinnacle while you march against Skadi The Ruthless-The Vrykul Champion
  10. A large amount of custom models and skins
And so much more present in the map,so go ahead and download,if not yet inspired..what do you have to lose?

---Tips-Minispoiler:---
There are many tips found ingame but here is some more!
  1. Avoid attacking Vrykul watch groups unless you all your champions are healed well
  2. Kill Vrykul Seers as fast as you can before they heal their watch groups with many of her advanced spells and damages a bulk of your heroes by either their lightning strikes and they could also turn to mutants!
  3. Keep out of range from Svala Sorrowgrave to avoid her Ritual of the sword ability
  4. Avoid fighting in narrow areas for not to lose the ability to flee
  5. Danger from Ymiron Stance abilities!
  6. Last one and most important thing...Have fun!!

---Screenshots:---
---Screenshots---

Image Description:
---The Throne room,where Ymiron stands,and you can see him,although he is sitting ingame.---

[​IMG]

Image Description:
---All Hail Ymiron!---

[​IMG]

Image Description:
---The Lich King before transferring Svala---

[​IMG]

Image Description:
---Small part of the terrain seen while marching against Skadi The Ruthless---

[​IMG]

---Change Log:---

---Change Log---

Version 2.1

Added:
  1. First Release

Removed:
  1. Bugs

Fixed:
  1. Difficulty

Version 2.2a

Added:
  1. Credits
  2. Loading Screen
  3. Map preveiw

Removed:
  1. Forcefields
  2. two Graufs

Fixed:
  • Spells
  • Minor Bugs
  • First Cinematic

Version 2.2b

Fixed:
  1. Spells in damage,tooltip and model
  2. Added spells to the enemy NPCs
  3. Removed secret room

Version 2.2c

Fixed:
  1. Better Hotkeys
  2. Minor Bugs in several spells
  3. Gameplay Modified

Version 2.3a

Fixed:
  1. Hotkeys in QWERTY Style
  2. Path Blocker

---Credits:---
---Contact Me:---

Special Thanks:

• -Kobas- he is the most who helped me with so many stuff
  • Metalbear,many of the spells are made by him
  • Dungeon Master,he designed the main terrain although there is a huge difference between the maps

Models:
  1. PROXY
  2. Skizzik
  3. Tranquil
  4. Zin-Creator
  5. Sellenisko
  6. Sephiroth_VII
  7. Kwaliti
  8. Gottfrei
  9. Hellish Hybrid
  10. Mc !
  11. Callahan
  12. Kuhneghetz

Skins:
  • -Grendel

Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
  • -kobas-
You could contact me by:
  1. Send me a private message on the HWS
  2. Contact me email shihy_usf@yahoo.com
  3. Write a comment in any of my maps

---NOTES---
The map is my best till now and I hope you like it.Note,this is a Beta version so still underwork and all Feedback is accepted,the map is protected and will crash you're editor.The map is singleplayer and I am not sure if I will make one multiplayer,so if you do want a multiplayer one please notify me it in the comments :)
Contents

Utgarde Pinnacle v.2.3b (Map)

Reviews
20:08, 27th Apr 2013 Orcnet: nicely made boss fight map, although your still missing a few disabled buttons that needs to be imported, overall map approved
  1. 20:08, 27th Apr 2013
    Orcnet: nicely made boss fight map, although your still missing a few disabled buttons that needs to be imported, overall map approved

2. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hi, you should not do this:

You should tag your map as "Role Playing Game / RPG" and "Medieval / Warcraft". Improve this and I'll take another look.

3. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Missing DISBTN icons. Enemy units are stupid, just stand there, and attack when you come near them. You should boost them with some abilities, skills and so on, maybe create some system that will cause them to focus weak heroes and so on.

4. Grimrevenge

Grimrevenge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Attack when you come near? That seems about right...

5. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What icons needed,Threat range that prevents them from attacking and that's how it works even in WoW,maybe systems are a good idea,I'll consier it and as I said Beta!

6. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I played a little bit of it on easy and it looked promissing but there are some things that I didnt like or were bugged:
    • Rejuvenation or how is that damn spell called didnt work(You cant cast that spell on your own units)
    • damage on hunters spells were silly(75 damage to enemy that has 5100 health?)
    • multiple spells had no shortcut, which makes microing 5 units a pain in ass
    • I didnt even enter the room with the boss that image of Lich King spawns there and she was already talking
    • when my shaman died and was returning the text was next to the portal again even tho the boss was already dead
    • I dont know if this is bug but some pathing blocker didnt allow me to go further than first 2(maybe 3) bosses(the bridge on east that goes from south to the north at the middle)
    • the blow that should deal 50 * my strength on warrior(cant remember its name) was showing 1350! like if it was crit, but in reality it one shot the mobs(dealt around 5200 damage to boss with it)

7. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    WOWZORZ, I didnt expect you to make the map that good! I personally like it, but it needs more work for sure. And I liked the way you made the bosses. <3

1. Key didnt work! I was trying it both on the circle with the hero possessing the item, and on the "invisible wall" which was blocking me for the next boss.
    2. The Paladin's Blessing of Wisdom is pretty annoying with 100 mana regen over 30 seconds for 3k mana heroes. -.- Maybe try it with 300 over 60 seconds or so
    3. The Warrior's Mortal Blow is literally INSANE! Only the warrior tank was doing the most dps. xd
    4. Your items have wrong description! I dont mind em using the default icons, but an item telling me for a gauntlet "Giving +3 strength", but is supposed to be 10 to all stats!

Thats so far I can say. I would suggest you to concentrate on the items, cause the mods wont like that and will lead to rejecting your map! I played on normal. Now I am thinking to try the hardest mode, to see how is it gonna be.

Keep up the good work! <3

edit:
    To edo494: Rejuvenation worked for me. Maybe you didnt notice it had WoW-like Casting time of around 2-3 seconds.

8. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    it really didnt but he updared the map
    and it still doesnt work to some degree now because it is looking like it has shortcut E, but it is already Entangling roots so I need to manually click the ability(a little bit annoying)

9. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the hot key are very messy, you should have just edited them into a 'QWERTY' style since its more user-friendly plus the spam of skills require fast use of the hotkey, same goes with the quest menu, remember not everyone here plays MMO or the infamous WoW's complicated WOW boss fights and all so proposing a more informative description in the quest menu is better for beginners who like to try out a boss fight

there are some spells that has a missing icon, please fix it, and lastly there is this big problem in the 3rd boss (I think he's a Vrykul Champion) there is something blocking our paths that my Warrior hero can only enter since he has an ability that can blink next to the enemy target

anyways very problematic when it comes to spell spam and configuration of hot keys, plus that problem on the 3rd boss, please fix it good day then

10. Arlakonud

Arlakonud

Resources:
    Resources:
    Map crashes when fighting. I'm not sure but its most of time when i was fighting the "Big Jaina Proudmoore" :pP

11. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Works fine with me...

You could:
    1)Try updating to 2.6
    2)Check support forums
    3)Try reinstalling warcraft 3

The map is approved so,it's not the map problem it's probably yours.So if the problem persists,I am sorry but I cannot help :(

12. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I hoped to this map is better. Honestly I dont like it, mostly because micro is totaly impossible to me

13. Stare Cat

Stare Cat

Resources:
    Resources:
    -I suggest you use "Cinematic - Transmission from" on that little cutscene with Svala, so you don't have to move your camera back and forth between the two just to see what they're saying

-I also suggest making the image of the Lich King non selectable

-I also saw some spelling and grammar mistakes. Proofreading should correct those errors.

-Terrain looks stale but that's understandable. It's a boss fight map, we should be more focused on the fight instead of the terrain.

-Hotkeys are hard to press, should go with the [QWERTY] style instead.

-I liked the dragon boss fight, though. It felt unique

-I think the aggro system is funny. (Oh no our king is under threat from a band of marauding epic heroes, we should just stand here and only attack if they come near us.)

I like your map, although it can be polished more.
    My Rating: 3.5/5
    Nice job!

Woah that's a lot of words. I totally ripped that dragon, guy destroyed my fishing ships! *Hisss*

14. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback,but please allow me to explain a few points:

1)I wanted it to be like WoW,that explains the "standing there",if you have a better idea please post it :)
    2)The hotkeys are in QWERTY style,maybe you got confused with the passive abilities.

15. Stare Cat

Stare Cat

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.) I'd suggest an event of some sorts, like when a hero enters a region, a number of spawned units will go and attack the heroes. It becomes more action packed and fast paced, even if it doesn't benefit the player at all, hahaha

2.) Checked again, turned out to be in QWERTY, hahaha, sorry for that.

16. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am still considering making a multiplayer version of it,with WoW true walking and better fixed combat.So what do you think?

17. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please no. Arrow controlled movement systems in TFT has too much lag

18. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not mine bro,I will still show it to several skilled spellmakers if I will

19. THe Sandro