• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Using triggers to increase hero damage/armor/attackspeed/...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm making a RPG map, and the first problem I came across when planning the map was 'how can I get my characters to have more than 6 items equipped?' The answer I came up with was to set aside a part of the map as a inventory screen. I'd have 10 farms, each with one inventory slot, to represent my character's equipment slots. The next problem I had was getting the attributes from the equipment to my hero.

I'm using triggers to get the base attributes (strength, agility, and intelligence) from the equipment to my hero, but I want to be able to increase damage, armor, attack speed, max health, and max mana the same way.

While I've made a few maps before, this is my first big map. Before this map, I had never used variables and not too many triggers. I'm new to this; be gentle:p

Level 5
I don't think without using items/ item abilities you can add bonus's to str/agi/int.

In order for this to work you would need to set it to what the hero has on at the time. Or you can add the item abilities every time he picks up an item and then remove it every time he drops an item. That would be a lot of items though... =)

Level 2
Wow, those both look really awesome. Hopefully I can get them into my map without much problem. Yea, I'd rather not show the +damage.

Is there no way to alter attack speed the way I'm trying to?

Thanks a bunch for the help,

,WindexChugger

Status
Not open for further replies.