• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Using skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright,

I'm trying to use various skins for various models. But whenever I download the .zip or .rar, it only comes with a .blp, and I don't know how to replace just the texture on a hero or unit. The tutorials only show me how to change the model, it doesn't show me anything about textures. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

Level 13
To use skin on model simply just open import manager on your world editor, import your skin file (make sure it's .blp or .tga), then change the path to the right path.

So, what is the right path?

It depends on the model, if you use the skin for custom model, you should see description for that model telling about path for skins that used by the model.

if the skin is for blizzard model, you should get wc3 viewer in order to see the right path for the skin so it will replace the default one. Just get wc3 viewer from this site and learn more how to use it, i can't tell more details about it.

Level 3
where can i get the w3 viewer thing at? i cant find it ima gettin really annoyed with skins :x

Status
Not open for further replies.