• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using Avatar but not the Alternate Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey,

I am currently working on a RPG-style map, and one of the heroes uses the Ancient Protector's model (not alternate), and I gave him a spell that is basically Avatar from the mountain king.
But the problem is, whenever I use this spell, the Hero uses alternates animations (and thus looks like a building), and I don't want that, I want him to keep the *not alternate* look.
I tried to find if that was caused by the "Animation tag" field, but it's empty on both Hero and spell...

Does anyone know how to fix that ? :3

Level 37
This works.
  • Untitled Trigger 103
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Avatar
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Animation - Remove the alternate animation tag to (Triggering unit)

A 0.00 timer would be even better.

Level 4
The Lord Garithos version does also use Alternate Animations... I guess you can't see it because Lord Garithos simply doesn't have any Alternate Animations...
I'll just go with the trigger version, thank you :)

Oh, and by the way, is there a way to change the text on the bar under your hero's name, when you use Avatar ? (at the moment it says "Avatar")
I looked into the thingy with all the game's text, but couldn't find it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.