• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

using abilities of units owned by other player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, is there a way to use unit's abilities but don't have control his over other stuff?
I mean like i can't move,attack etc with that unit but I can still use his abilities/spells ?
And the unit should be owned by other player if it's possible.

Level 5
Yeah I was thinking about it but then my unit won't be able to move, will it ?

EDIT: I found the box called Techtree - Items sold

So it may work.

Last edited:
Level 12
Actually, you can use abilities (but not move, attack etc) of any unit that has the "select hero/unit" ability and "shop sharing" does the same, only for allied units though.

You probably want to make custom ones though, so you can remove the arrow above the selected unit.

Edit: Note that you can't specify who is allowed to use abilities of units with the ability, only all or allies, and you can't see who does it. As in if player 1 uses an ability from a unit owned by player 2 you can't detect that it was in fact player 1 who did it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.