• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User's name as the character's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do I make the custom hero's name the User's username?:eekani:[/

JASS:
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Lime"]If there is a code, then please could you give me the most effective one, and if it requires the Hero's name to be a certain string, then what is it?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:eekani:

{EDIT}
How do I make the custom hero's name the User's username?:eekani:[/

If there is a code, then please could you give me the most effective one, and if it requires the Hero's name to be a certain string, then what is it?
:eekani:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
If you want the unit to be named after the player (like naming a paldin Coolty44 when its picked) is impossible, but naming a player after a hero is possible, as mentioned above. Thought I'd say that just so you woudn't have to come on and explain either option you wanted.

Level 9
i would name my hero bob. then my name would be bob. PIME TARADOX!
its impossible to change a hero's name, but its possible to change a player's name. similar to how my name becomes cookies4you (Ursa) when i choose ursa and it becomes jadegolem (Naix) when i choose naix. yes im jadegolem

Level 9
...sadly, it is impossible.

{EDIT}
Don't worry, as Double Threading is a loophole, its not against the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
I guess ill just make a floating text above the character saying who it belongs to... It sux that its not possible... although I have seen a game where the characters name is changed to the players name... although that was in starcraft, and its map engine is SHIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.