• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upscale model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Its easy.
First, open the world editor then import your model to maps.and make custom model.
Second, search art scaling value.
Finally, you can set the value.

Notes : the bigger the value you fill the bigger the model. if the value is small then the model shrinks.

Level 24
I have a separate portrait here if that makes the job easier.
Not sure how modelling works, but maybe change the portrait path to the attached file.
I'm pretty clueless around modelling though.

I mean i kinda have the model that i need already, but it's the grounded succubus animations that i want from that model (harpy derivates) to this one (the attached one).
So if transferring animations is easier? I don't know how to do it without getting errors.

Attachments

• StygianHarlot_Portrait.mdx
    103.3 KB · Views: 31
  • StygianHarlot.mdx
    98.9 KB · Views: 29
Level 2
I suggest that if you want to transfer animation you have to install matrix eater 3d and open your model. Then see group " add " and add the animation from warcraft 3 models or your custom models.

I suggest that if you want to transfer animation you have to install matrix eater 3d and open your model. Then see group " add " and add the animation from warcraft 3 models or your custom models.
need java aplication

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
I can't seem to upscale models without screwing up portrait or anything else.
it's the feet that gets crooked and other parts of the model.
What do you mean? Scaling the unit just proportionally changes the size of the model. You cannot change the portrait or make parts of the model crooked just by changing the scaling value in Object Editor.

Level 2
What do you mean? Scaling the unit just proportionally changes the size of the model. You cannot change the portrait or make parts of the model crooked just by changing the scaling value in Object Editor.
I agree with your opinion

Level 24
If only it was that simple.
Well i don't know how to do it, if you do please help.

Attachments

• Uten navn.jpg
    Uten navn.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 83
"I can't seem to upscale model without screwing portrait" in the first file you provided, unit animation and portrait animation are included in the same file in order to save space, wc3 model usually have different file for portrait & unit because portrait model usually have more details, e.g batTroll got ear ring in the portrait but not on the actual unit. In the model file, there is a "camera object" which is used to preview the portrait in game, when you upscale your model, you have to move this camera object so it shows a correct preview.
Having a separate portrait should resolve this problem.

As for your second request, I don't understand it. You different portrait following the flying/on ground state?

Also when you upload a model with custom texture, you need to upload the texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.