• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uploading Bug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I have found a bug! It's quite weird... so, on the first sight, this icon looks yellow, like cheese BTNMysticLight - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
But when I downloaded it, it was blue (and it had correct borders)

You can see the difference:
How it looks (in the icons selection)
icons_5957_btn.jpg

How it looks (when Downloaded)
btnmysticlightbg3.png

I've seen icons like these before, with those cyan borders, instead of yellow... but I've never downloaded it and looked ingame. Well, I hope you can squash this bug!

This is due to Blizzards use of .blp conversion which does something silly like BGR instead of the classic RGB. Who knows why some icons work and some don't, my guess would be differing conversion programs?
--donut3.5--

Yeah, that could be it. I've noticed this several times as well. I think I've seen a skin with this bug too, but I can't really remember.

Level 15
donut3.5 (and Hawkwing) are completely correct. BLP files often contain JPEG data compressed with the Intel JPEG library which uses a CMYK color space with the C and Y channels swapped.

As for why the BLPs are not getting converted to JPEG correctly...do you have the source code on hand for your conversion program? It sounds like some sort of bug with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.