• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I made a shop to upgrade your hero like increasing your armor, damage, healt and stuff. But i want to items work like tomes. When you buy it it will increase your armor by 1 but wont appear in your inventory. How can i do this?

Level 12
I made a shop to upgrade your hero like increasing your armor, damage, healt and stuff. But i want to items work like tomes. When you buy it it will increase your armor by 1 but wont appear in your inventory. How can i do this?

Give your hero an upgradable weapon/etc.

When your hero buys a tome, have it raise the research level up and remove the tome. Showing level up graphics on hero.

Level 5
Then make a true item or tome perhaps, make the item being manipulated removed and add you desired attribute.

Level 14
Okay, I'm going to guess that you want the item like a tome except you can actually see the bonus ( that + green number) without seeing the item. You can do this I think with this...
  • Tome Fake
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to YourItem
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Sold Item)
      • Unit - Add WhateverBonus (+1) to (Buying unit)
*If YourItem is used automatically, then you don't need the
  • Item - Remove (Sold Item)
Also, for the
  • Unit - Add WhateverBonus (+1) to (Buying unit)
You could change it to another bonus or make more bonuses by editing abilities in the object editor.

Level 19
try with upgrades
(someone sells item upgrade the armor upgrade of owner of triggering unit or buying unit)

Level 12
To do what you want you would need:

A counting trigger for each upgrade type.
An ability with +1 increments for each upgrade type.
A hidden spellbook to hide the abilities inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.