• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Upgrade for Ability, How ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello guys.
I've been working on am ability for my campaign, and this question might sound noobish.
I made the ability and the Upgrade, but for some reason, the Upgrade doesn't appear in the Upgrade selection for the requirement.
So here are some images, I hope having a quick answer. Thank you !!
1510687635-rcher2.png
1510687629-archer.png

Level 15
This might be related to the campaign editor. Anyway if you want a solution, that always works, you can use shift + double click on the requirements, to add the raw code of the requirements.
Press Ctrl + D in the upgrade section to view the raw codes of the upgrades.

The raw code of corrosive breath for example is Recb and the ability has this as requirement. If you use shift double click on the requirements for the ability you will see Recb.
A custom upgrade will look something like this, if the raw code is displayed: R000:Recb. It is important to note, that only R000 is the raw code in this example.
If you want to have multiple requirements, you can seperate them by a comma: Recb, R000

Level 20
Funny enough, I've tried opening up my project and it also didn't show upgrades.

I've tried to experiment whether I could try setting the requirements in the map object editor instead of campaign editor and then just copy it to the latter. Not only did it work, but it also had unforseen consequences - it made the campaign editor show the custom upgrades :D I have no idea how this works, but you might want to try something like this and see whether it works for you too:

1. Create an empty map.
2. Import/add it into your campaign.
3. Edit the map (open it in the editor)
4. Open the map's object editor, it should have all your campaign data loaded.
5. Set the requirements in the map's object editor. Unlike campaign editor, it showed custom upgrades for me.
6. Copy field value from the object editor and paste it to the campaign editor.
7. Open requirements menu and click on Edit Tech Item. At this point the campaign editor showed all the campaign upgrades for me.
8. Restart the editor without saving anything and see if it sticks.

Last edited:
Level 8
Can't confirm from your ability screen, but make sure "Techtree - Check Dependencies" is set to True.

Yeah it was set.

This might be related to the campaign editor. Anyway if you want a solution, that always works, you can use shift + double click on the requirements, to add the raw code of the requirements.
Press Ctrl + D in the upgrade section to view the raw codes of the upgrades.

The raw code of corrosive breath for example is Recb and the ability has this as requirement. If you use shift double click on the requirements for the ability you will see Recb.
A custom upgrade will look something like this, if the raw code is displayed: R000:Recb. It is important to note, that only R000 is the raw code in this example.
If you want to have multiple requirements, you can seperate them by a comma: Recb, R000

Thank You ! It worked ! :D

Funny enough, I've tried opening up my project and it also didn't show upgrades.

I've tried to experiment whether I could try setting the requirements in the map object editor instead of campaign editor and then just copy it to the latter. Not only did it work, but it also had unforseen consequences - it made the campaign editor show the custom upgrades :D I have no idea how this works, but you might want to try something like this and see whether it works for you too:

1. Create an empty map.
2. Import/add it into your campaign.
3. Edit the map (open it in the editor)
4. Open the map's object editor, it should have all your campaign data loaded.
5. Set the requirements in the map's object editor. Unlike campaign editor, it showed custom upgrades for me.
6. Copy field value from the object editor and paste it to the campaign editor.
7. Open requirements menu and click on Edit Tech Item. At this point the campaign editor showed all the campaign upgrades for me.
8. Restart the editor without saving anything and see if it sticks.

Waow ... Well, I will keep this in mind for troubled times, thank you ! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.