• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Updating old maps on old versions of worldedit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Your map will upgrade to 1.23 automatically when you save it the next time with the new patch.

In order to make sure your map doesn't 'break' in the patching process to 1.23, make sure you

1) Don't have the 'return bug' in it.
2) Upgraded to the latest versions of tools like newgen (if you use it).
3) Haven't used any editors like WEU that may cause corruption.

Level 5
Related to this, I have had some worries about updating the world editor with the new patch, since I've heard that some maps don't work properly after the update. If that should happen, is that a big problem or do you just have to modify the triggers a little to make it work again?

Level 10
What is the return bug? Tried searching, probably out there somewhere but dont see the need to read up pages of stuff for a one liner answer.

Where can I download this? Heard theres new tools avaliable but looked everywhere, some good links to mapping tools and all that can help make my map will be good. We here at DaL project are fans of DaL, not warcraft. So my noobiness is no surprise.

What that?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Just update WC3 and edit your map.
If you used JASS, then make sure the return bug was not used.
If the return bug was used, consider using hashtables and the new natives.

Some GUI actions will error, if that is the case then you will have to remake all the triggers for the map.

Level 6
What is the return bug? Tried searching, probably out there somewhere but dont see the need to read up pages of stuff for a one liner answer.

Where can I download this? Heard theres new tools avaliable but looked everywhere, some good links to mapping tools and all that can help make my map will be good. We here at DaL project are fans of DaL, not warcraft. So my noobiness is no surprise.

What that?

1) the "return bug" was used to convert values from one type to another type while there was no intended function from blizzard. but it could also be used to start a virus. thats why they tried to fix it or already fixed it.

2) you can download the newjassgen pack here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

3) WEU = world editor unlimited is also a modified editor

Level 5
Just update WC3 and edit your map.
If you used JASS, then make sure the return bug was not used.
If the return bug was used, consider using hashtables and the new natives.

Some GUI actions will error, if that is the case then you will have to remake all the triggers for the map.

So if some GUI actions error, will I have to remake ALL triggers that I've used in the map, or just the ones with erroring (<-- is that even a word?) triggers?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If your map does not load in WE with GUI errors. Then you have no choice but to eithor write a script to delete the broken triggers in a way WE will recognize (without causing more errors) or you will have to redo all triggers. Fotunatly the JASS trigger file can literally be copied and pasted into new triggers maiking restoring them a quick task. However GUI will be lost for ever.

Alternativly you could modify your WE installation so that the GUI bug blizzard caused is fixed, however other people will still be unable to open your map without the same fixes.

Generally I advise using pure JASS, as that is the most stable form of triggers as it is stored the simplest.

Level 10
OKies, on a side note how do I add and remove spells from a hidden (trigger disable skill-ed) spellbook? Thats for my passive auras.
Immolation on = turn on hiddendevotionaura
Immolation off = turn off hiddendevotionaura

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You just remove the spell book you used to add them from the hero. It does not mater I believe weather it is disabled or not as the game engine still handles it the same as all spells.

If it does give you problems, then simply enable the dummy book, remove the dummy and then disable it again. As this is all done instantly, it will not make any lag.

To level up spells in disabled spell books, simply manipulate the level of the spell inside the disabled book via triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.