• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Updating Maps that have been rejected and deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
One of my maps was rejected and therefore deleted a couple of months ago so I gave it an almost complete overhaul. It has a new tileset and a different name so technically it is not the same map.

I want to upload it here on the hive but I am not sure weather or not to use the update button or upload it as a different map.

Level 16
Both are right actually, depending on the state of your Map.
But if it's been vastly improved since it was rejected (Not necessarily "deleted" since "deleted" Maps aren't actually deleted from the database), you can try to just upload the map.

Level 4
Both are right actually, depending on the state of your Map.
But if it's been vastly improved since it was rejected (Not necessarily "deleted" since "deleted" Maps aren't actually deleted from the database), you can try to just upload the map.

You probably wouldn't know they where related unless I told you so I think I'll try uploading again.

Level 31
One of my maps was rejected and therefore deleted a couple of months ago so I gave it an almost complete overhaul. It has a new tileset and a different name so technically it is not the same map.

I want to upload it here on the hive but I am not sure weather or not to use the update button or upload it as a different map.

Rejected map are never been deleted. The main reason why it was at deleted stage was because the author itself click at the button "delete".

Rejected map that are updated are often been set back to pending stage. If you ever delete your map and wish to re-upload it, you should notify the mod/admin to undelete the old files and update the elder thread once it was restored.

You should have never delete the thread at the beginning. Delete resources should only been done if you seriously do not wish the resources to be available at this site anymore.

Map with changes at name and tileset does not change the fact it was same map. It just like a person rename an Green Circle TD into Lava Circle TD with the grass tileset been change to lava tileset.

Level 4
Rejected map are never been deleted. The main reason why it was at deleted stage was because the author itself click at the button "delete".

Rejected map that are updated are often been set back to pending stage. If you ever delete your map and wish to re-upload it, you should notify the mod/admin to undelete the old files and update the elder thread once it was restored.

You should have never delete the thread at the beginning. Delete resources should only been done if you seriously do not wish the resources to be available at this site anymore.

Map with changes at name and tileset does not change the fact it was same map. It just like a person rename an Green Circle TD into Lava Circle TD with the grass tileset been change to lava tileset.

I'll get it Undeleted then

Status
Not open for further replies.