• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Updates in W3 and the WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
hi guys.
Regularly Blizzard releases Update for Warcraft III,and of course some units stats,abilities(and other things) will be changed.I can see the changes in a melee game.
the problem I am facing is that when I open a map(melee map), edit it,save it and try the map, I see everything (or many things) as the old versions of Warcraft(e.g. defend won't reflect attack anymore,siphon mana won't transfer mana to allies, improved masonry will give 20% bonus hp instead of 10% and some minor changes of attack damage and defense types will be as old)
I also face same problem when playing campaign (I see it like old versions).
so what should I do with this?I can't save all changes in my mind to do them in my map
I suppose the solution should be either Updating world editor (but shouldn't this be done automatically when Updating Warcraft III??)
Or extracting all object data from Updated map(which I think I can't because when I open a map I see object data like an old one mostly)
I think the second solution is not so good because the updated object dataa is not enough(there are changes in the gamepaly constants and other things)
or...
what do you think?
thanks in advance

Level 6
Could it be since the WE doesn't update that it is trying to read the data from before the update or something like that?

Level 6
cuz i think that the old data is still kinda there and the new data masks it but since WE isn't update with the mask for the War3 updates over the old data it doesn't see the masked data and just reads the original data

Status
Not open for further replies.