• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Untitled story (WIP)(intro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
comment

Ya I know it is not very good. It was just something that was coming off the top of my head as i wrote it as you can tell thats why it seems to lack details and glosses over areas I could easily expand for pages.
<Untitled story intro>

A wispy breeze sweeps a small dusting of snow over my near lifeless body. With every haggard breath I feel weaker, closer to death. My vision is obstructed as half my face is buried in the icy snow. I want to roll over and stand up, but with every attempt my body refuses to respond. I can tell that I’m going to die. As I close my eyes I can feel my life force drain. Suddenly an explosion of images burst into my mind. As I drift into this dream state I am glad that I no longer see the pool of blood in front of me, or feel the icy grip of my snowy coffin.

My eyes open and take in a glorious yellow orange sky. I can feel the warm breeze of this fine spring day dance across my body. And the low rumble of the balmy waves crashing on my feet is far more a pleasurable than the finest melody. I still am unable to stand or move, but my family is all here. My children play in the sand, building castles. My wife is sitting in the sun chatting with my mother about the newest fashion trends. Everything is perfect as it was before the war. How I wish I could travel back in time at this moment to be with my family instead of my frosty hell. And even now I am tormented with memories teasing me of what life could have been. The images fade into the old red snow that hinders my view of the field of murdered men.

As my eyes again close and block out my current predicament. Another explosion of images ignites in my mind. This time I can see the faces of all the men in my battalion. Most of the men in my own battalion were much younger than me. Dan and Mark were the first to show up. They were sitting around a fire drinking a few brews, telling stories of their manly conquests. The times I had with those two were some of the best moments in my life. Just thinking of some of the strange and funny activities that we had partaken in makes me smile and laugh a little on the inside. But soon the images turned for the worse. Now I could see Dan lying face down in the trench. A pool of burgundy blood shimmered around his helmet. I remembered turning him over and seeing that arrow protruding from his eye socket. This event was the one that made me keep going and maybe why I’m here now. I don’t know when he was hit, as I never even heard him go down. We were pinned down by a few men with crossbows and large ogre they had trained to kill any opposing force. Luckily for us we had a trench we could hide in. I remember telling him that we were going to be fine soon enough our backup will be flanking them. When I turned back around he was hit. After that Mark and I didn’t speak much. Whenever we did it just reminded us of the times when all three of us were together raising hell. Mark was the next to get it. We were well into clearing a few homes that we had suspected housed a few soldiers that might be able to give us some information on their commanders, when Mark jumped in front of a spear that was meant for me. He saved my life at that moment, what a waste. If he just jumped out the way would have lived and I would have died there instead of here. I remember the kid who threw thrust the spear deep into Marks back. He just stared through the now open door at the result of his attack. By the time I realized Mark was dead, I had already pulled my sword from the kids chest and began stabbing him again. When I found out Mark had died I took the kids head and spit on his corpse. Deep down I knew it wasn’t enough to revenge Mark or Dan for that matter and that I would have to keep on going with this war until the very end, or at least until I could meet wit them in the great ivory halls of our forefathers.

When I snapped back to the present I realized that I was probably out for more than a several hours thinking about those guys. But this time my body ached, almost like I was place on a giant anvil and crushed repeatedly by some giant hammer. Not only was I in severe pain, but my vision was completely black in one eye. Although I was also on a stone slab of sorts completely nude besides bandages that bound my wound painted body. A large warm fire was burning in the corner in what looked to be a very large stone fire place. At least I hoped it was a fireplace and not some furnace used to burn bodies. As I sat there for a few minutes I had realized that I could hear several voices coming from above my current location. Upon hearing them I again tried to gather my strength and push myself to my feat. But again my body flat out refused to move an inch. Upon closing my eyes I must have passed out because I don’t remember anything until I was awoken by one of the strange creatures that now housed me in its home. This is the story of my journey from the land of the dead and back. I am recanting this to a strange creature that helped me survive in hopes that it just may save my life, if I am not already dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.