• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unseen Threat

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: KOYK GR
Unseen Threat
by Arise
(FFA or 2vs2)

This is my first melee map. (and also the second map, the first map is my mistake, I won't make the map like this again).

I - Map Info

A peaceful land with many beautiful animals and two rivers which flow through this land. But behind that is many strangers that is approaching this land to claim. Beware and fight!

II - Feature
1. Building:

- 8 Gold Mines (15000 Main, 12500 Expansion);
- 4 Goblin Laboratories;
- 4 Goblin Merchants;
- 4 Taverns;
- 4 Mercenary Camps;

- 1 Fountain Of Health.
2. Creep Camps:
- 1 Red Camp;
- 8 Orange Camps;
- 28 Green Camps;
Screenshot:
full

III - Changelogs:
Nothing yet.

IV - Credits:
Idea and make by me.

V - Author's notes:
This is an important part, I want to talk a little bit about the process of making this map and the weaknesses and mistakes I commited. (but I can't fix at this map.)
1. First of all, the assault strategy is my main inspiration, so I try to make a mini-maze (in every corner of the map) and some secret place to hide, like this:
or this:

Unfortunately, it makes the road narrow and not enough place to build the base. It sometimes make units get stuck because no more place to go.
2. About the doodads.
- Due to my "bad" strategy, there aren't many trees at the base, so I must add trees on the cliff which led to the small troll and spider creep camp (there are 2 ways to get these, don't worry).
- If you see at the river bank, it is very terrible, only shrubs and shrubs. (may be you don't like this).
- The river is quite empty, although I try to add many things.
- Every player has total 10 creep camps, it is too many.
3. The expansion gold mine was surrounded by tree, so AI can't get the way to gold mine.
And more... simply there are too many mistakes.
I promise that I will improve these situations at my next map.
Finally, I hope a lot of feedback, both good and bad. It will help a lot for the better next map.

Good luck, and have fun!
Contents

Unseen Threat (Map)

Level 23
I would describe this map as functional but aesthetically very bland.
It ticks off all the things a melee map needs for approval.

The question to you as the creator, is if you want to work on it some more.
If not, Ill go ahead and rate this.

Last edited:
Level 23
Ok, I won't work on it anymore. I'm ready to listen for your comment

Read my comment again.
- This map 'technically' works as a melee map
- The terrain is also very bare bones

Here's the thing.
It is very easy to make a symmetrical (ie. functional) melee map. The question is if you can make it visually interesting while keeping it line with the balance.

As of now, I cannot approve this map.
Either the terrain gets actual work or this goes straight to substandard; either one is fine with me.