1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Unknown TD 2.0

Submitted by Cleo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Unknown TD 2.0

Features
- 10 Races ranging from easy to hard
- Different game modes, like Endless Game or Boss Mode
- 8 Players in 2 or 4 Teams
- Unique Towers and Races
- Sell function included
- Unit amount now adjustable
- 2 more races

Keywords:
Unknown TD, Tower Defense, 8 Players, Solo, Team
Contents

Unknown TD 2.0 (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: Approved
  1. ap0calypse: Approved

2. Cleo

Cleo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated language now, should be full English now, pls check again :)

3. kadoda77

kadoda77

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love a good TD, and I've seen quite a few good German ones, (Like Shopping Maul), I'll give this one a look.

EDIT: Ok, I've played this TD quite a bit today and I've got to say I enjoy it quite a bit, here's my review:
    +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Pros:
    + Unique Races ~ These races aren't copied from other TD's, nor do any of them resemble each other.
    + Multiple Game Modes ~ The different amount of games modes makes for high replayability.
    + Challenging ~ I have been playing on Normal and Easy, I honestly can't see how anyone could beat it on Hard or higher.
    +------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Cons:
    - Challenging ~ Maybe it's a little too hard.
    - The intro ~ Get rid of that annoying wild west song; if it was annoying on de_westwood then it's annoying here too.
    - Intro length ~ I found that pressing escape cancels the intro sequence, but you still have to wait ten seconds or so before the game options appear.

Will play it some more later, haven't tried all the races yet, just most of them.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  4. Cleo

Cleo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I made the map =)

Thank you for your review !
    Glad to hear that you find it hard, because it is (of you want it ^^)
    Also glad to see that you have no bugs reported hrhr

5. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    this map wasnt bad
    there is some unique stuff i have to admit.
    but this map is missing 1 certain element for every td...U CANT SELL D=
    ive seen some of those towers have some kind of teleport skill...but...well only a few ones have them =/
    also some more tooltips would be good.
    for example:
    the prism tower has a maximum of 5 links...which arent noticed anywhere =/
    or that energy barrier...it really needs an info how long the max. range can be between both of them =O

6. Cleo

Cleo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sell would be very complicated to make and im too lazy for that xD
    The Energy Barrier has a maximum range mentioned in the tooltip ^^

7. kadoda77

kadoda77

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sell isn't too complicated, you can do it several ways. The easiest would probably be to put a bounty on each tower, and give your builder an attack that can only target buildings, then if you destroy a building, you get money for it.

EDIT: Some TD's give their builders a 'sell' ability, that basically destroys a tower and gives you a bounty for it. Mountain TD is a good example.

More/better tool tips would be nice, and please, PLEASE, change the intro. The movie is good (Although it lacks textual information) but the westwood song hurts my ears, and when you're playing the game twenty times in a row, gets old, real fast.

8. Cleo

Cleo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have played my TD some hundred times and I got to admit that I cant hear the music any more ^^

And I know many ways to implement a sell function, but still its a lot of boring work :p

What do you mean by "more/better" tooltips; what is missing?

9. kadoda77

kadoda77

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's been a while, but I really hope you're working on an update of some sort, this map is way fun, just a lil imbalanced.

The main thing I can think of right now (As I haven't played in quite some time) is that the difficulty descriptions of the different races are way wrong, as far as calling one easy or another hard. I don't remember exactly which ones are rated which, but I know one of the easiest races is called hard.

I still host this from time to time, but yeah, let's see that update! :) 4/5 (Nice Work)

10. Cleo

Cleo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Only because you had no probs with one race, it doesnt mean that others dont have problems as well. I made that descriptions based on many teste and the experiences ive made with ppl playing the races the 1st time...

11. ironinferno

ironinferno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pros: Alot of Builders
    Cons: Not yet
    Pre-ConS: More stuff

i liek this tower defence alot. i myself didnt see any german so i guess it is fix.

you could make a solo mode cuz usually solo is much liked in TDs

12. Cleo

Cleo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im am currently working on Version 2.0 and a Solo mode is one of the planned features :)

13. ironinferno

ironinferno

Resources:
    Resources:
    i also notice when player 1 teams doesnt loses none of the other team loses when there lives hit 0. that blows lmao

14. Cleo

Cleo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map updated to version 2.0, see above for changes / new features :)

15. kadoda77

kadoda77

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm excited to try out your updated version! I haven't played a (Good) TD in a long time, so I'm sure this will be refreshing. :) Updated and possibly more mature review to come~

Edit: Well I had a chance to play a few games by myself, gotta say the intro music is a lot better! I also got to try out the Gameboy race which was fun, but I had tooltips disabled on accident so I couldn't really tell if there was any way to choose which block becomes the upgraded one.

A suggestion for the Gameboy race, maybe you could make it so that you had to create the same shape twice in a row to upgrade it to the next tier? (Like if you made a T block, which is green I believe, you would need to make the T block shape again with only green blocks to get a Tier 2 green T.)

I didn't really see a second new race, maybe I just didn't look hard enough. I'll play this some more later tho, thanks for the update!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  16. War3Cadu

War3Cadu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this map :thumbs_up:

The towers is very good